Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hello. Is this the right way to post my stats?
RE: Hello. Is this the right way to post my sleepyhead stats?
These are pretty darn good results for 4-1/2 hours. That will get you to compliance, but not rested. I think walla was looking at the flow rates from 01:00 to 02:20 and again from 03:45 to 04:30. That looks to be some irregular breathing with larger flow rates, but we would need some zoomed in images to interpret it. I think you're sleeping for most of this based on your perceptions, but the flow rate is a bit ragged.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-01-2018, 10:44 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: These are pretty darn good results for 4-1/2 hours.  That will get you to compliance, but not rested.  I think walla was looking at the flow rates from 01:00 to 02:20 and again from 03:45 to 04:30.  That looks to be some irregular breathing with larger flow rates, but we would need some zoomed in images to interpret it.  I think you're sleeping for most of this based on your perceptions, but the flow rate is a bit ragged.

Yep that's what I was looking at.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-01-2018, 11:13 AM)Walla Walla Wrote:
(06-01-2018, 10:44 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: These are pretty darn good results for 4-1/2 hours.  That will get you to compliance, but not rested.  I think walla was looking at the flow rates from 01:00 to 02:20 and again from 03:45 to 04:30.  That looks to be some irregular breathing with larger flow rates, but we would need some zoomed in images to interpret it.  I think you're sleeping for most of this based on your perceptions, but the flow rate is a bit ragged.

Yep that's what I was looking at.

Thank you very much.  So I think I will assign mysef two peices of homework.  Learn what awake and sleep flow rates look like, and sleep more. Thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-01-2018, 01:01 PM)honeybadger79 Wrote: <snip>
Thank you very much.  So I think I will assign mysef two peices of homework.  Learn what awake and sleep flow rates look like, and sleep more. Thanks again.

Be careful what you say: there might be a test next Friday!  Seriously, in addition to evaluating flow rates, also develop the habit of jotting down the times you are about to fall asleep and the amount of time you think it took to actually nod off.  Additionally, if you wake during a period of sleep, note that, as well as the times (time and how long you think it took) if you go back to sleep.

These records will help you when examining your flow logs.  They also might enlighten you on how much sleep you are getting, and how quickly or slowly you typically fall asleep.  This last has been a revelation to me: I find I'm falling asleep FAR quicker than I imagined.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-01-2018, 02:20 PM)ShaunBlake Wrote:
(06-01-2018, 01:01 PM)honeybadger79 Wrote: <snip>

Be careful what you say: there might be a test next Friday!  Seriously, in addition to evaluating flow rates, also develop the habit of jotting down the times you are about to fall asleep and the amount of time you think it took to actually nod off.  Additionally, if you wake during a period of sleep, note that, as well as the times (time and how long you think it took) if you go back to sleep.

These records will help you when examining your flow logs.  They also might enlighten you on how much sleep you are getting, and how quickly or slowly you typically fall asleep.  This last has been a revelation to me: I find I'm falling asleep FAR quicker than I imagined.

Thanks for the suggestion! I will attempt to do this too!
Post Reply Post Reply
Today.  Got more sleep Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
One of the obstructions was 33 seconds. Longest one I’ve noticed for a while
Post Reply Post Reply
To me that looks like you were holding your breath. There's a pause in breathing than an exhale. I'm use to seeing a large inhale after an obstruction. Be interesting to see what the experts says.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I vividly recall many times in the past (I was semi-aware of this while sleeping) that I would hold a breath in for long periods and then slowly grunt it out.  This is exactly the sort of thing that helped support me in the decision to get a sleep study. 

I’ve seen reading on “stops breathing”, or obstructions, but not specifically on “stops breathing at the peak of inhale”.  I don’t know what to make of it.

I just realize bow that I attached a zoomed pic. I’ll repost without zoom.
Post Reply Post Reply
non-zoom and zoomed to the long obstruction where it does seem like I'm holding in a full breath.  Weird.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] First Post - Can't stay asleep with CPAP DKane 9 165 Yesterday, 12:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,364 626,090 03-24-2024, 07:19 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Question [Diagnosis] First post-CPAP visit to Sleep Doc - What to talk about? FlyAU98 6 188 03-23-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  r4robin - Therapy Thread (Help with BiLevel settings-post #5) r4robin 42 1,840 03-11-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  First Post - Help with Settings Ideas jrudicel 3 173 03-10-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: jrudicel
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 370 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  5 years and never looked at the stats, need advice StephenB 5 347 02-08-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.