Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hello. New Here. O2 Chart & Questions. Sleep Study next week.
RE: Hello. New Here. O2 Chart & Questions. Sleep Study next week.
with most insurance, 6 cumulative minutes <88% o2 across a whole night of sleep indicates the need for supplemental o2. Medicare has a different convoluted way of getting there.  A cpap or bpap may eliminate the need for o2.  but, maybe not. your sleep study may indicate a need for both cpap and an o2 concentrator. good luck.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello & thanks again to all that replied.

I had my sleep study on 3/14, and received the call from the doc yesterday: "mild to moderate" sleep apnea confirmed. They need to work things out with my insurance, then I go to get my machine.

Hopefully in a few days or a week or so, I'll be able to post in the "success stories" thread.
Post Reply Post Reply
You should request your doctor to prescribe the machine of your choice by name. Many doctors will do this. If Possible, get the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset or Autoset For Her. I just continually see people get better results with this equipment, especially if they are self-titrating.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the advice!  I will ask for the airsense 10... I do know that they intend to put me on an automatic machine from the brief phone call. I don't know if the insurance will have anything to say about it though (i.e. do they push for less expensive options first, etc.).

I am at a point where I will pay out of pocket if I have to, to get the right/best option ASAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-21-2018, 02:50 PM)PurchanceToDream Wrote: Thanks for the advice!  I will ask for the airsense 10... I do know that they intend to put me on an automatic machine from the brief phone call. I don't know if the insurance will have anything to say about it though (i.e. do they push for less expensive options first, etc.).

I am at a point where I will pay out of pocket if I have to, to get the right/best option ASAP.

The Philips Dreamstations are good auto CPAP machines, but they do require being setup closer to an optimum pressure.  Also, people that tend to have hypopnea just do a lot better with the Resmed approach to exhale pressure relief.  After reading hundreds, if not thousands of cases here on Apnea Board, I just think there is no contest as to which provides the best results.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 147 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 220 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 74 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 529 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 102 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 117 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.