Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hello! New guy in need of a travel CPAP for work
Hello! New guy in need of a travel CPAP for work
I've been lugging around my AirSense10 for a handful of years now and it's just getting to be too much. It's also taking its toll on the machine. I have been using sleepyhead successfully and have used that yearly report along with quarterly reports downloaded by my Sleep Doc from ResMed. 

My question is about the Airmini and its use of the cloud data and no SD card and how to merge two separate reports in to one legible one that makes sense to my AME and the Flight Surgeon or who interprets it in OKC. I realize that each machine has its unique account based on S/N and from that I would have to merge the 2 or make sense of it. 

I recently stumbled on this thread which gave me some hope that the airmini would be the right choice for a travel cpap

I also previously found a thread on here regarding the airmini not working for a DOT/FAA report but the former thread debunks that assumption 

Page 8 poses the question and page 9 says no, it can't be used so that was a bit confusing. 

Any info would be greatly appreciated as to what software could be used ResScan  or how my sleep Doc can merge the 2 data sources

Thanks!

BSP406

Apparently it wouldn't let me post question with links in it until I have four posts
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hello! New guy in need of a travel CPAP for work
The AirMini as far as I'm aware cannot be used with the ResScan software.  
The AirMini App is used with an Android or Apple phone and the only way to view therapy as stated below.

Excerpt from Supplier #1 description:
The AirMini™ App represents the latest advancements in sleep technology, controlling many of the machine's features with the app. Pair the AirMini™ with an Android or Apple mobile phone to view therapy data. The device does not have a screen; therefore, the app has been designed to display important information such as:

30 Day Sleep Score
Usage Hours
Events Per Hour
Leak Rate
Optional Humidifier

I don't see a way to combine a report from the AirMini App with a ResScan report containing data from your AirSense 10.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Weird search inside the cockpit sleep apnea and read his thread. He gets a download of his data and Lofta will send the data every 30 days. I can't post any links until I have 4 posts. Lame lol
Post Reply Post Reply
It is my understanding the AirMini will work with Airview to allow your provider to obtain data and provide compliance reports. As far as I know, the AirMini Bluetooth app does not produce a suitable report for compliance. If you have a medical equipment provider, or sleep doctor, ask them if they can register your AirMini to Airview and provide you with reports.

The Philips Dreamstation Go is another travel CPAP that uses SD card dats and actually works with OSCAR which has replced the discontinued Sleepyhead software. It should also work with other Philips software,

I think this is the article you are trying to link https://insidethecockpit.com/airline-pil...leep-apnea Apnea Board has strict policies on commercial links, but this site appears informational and is not sales oriented so okay to post. Welcome to the forum
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep. That is the article! Another article I was referencing was one from this board. It was March of 2017. Thanks for the help!  I'm no longer using Lincare and just going to go through Lofta and will get my sleep Doc to register me. However, the gentleman I spoke to at Lofta said he sends pilots their reports every 30 days.  Perhaps I'll do that and see if I can get registered to get the reports like you've mentioned. It's a shame they don't realize how much they could help folks that need a report for compliance. Seems like they don't really care at ResMed. 

Thanks for the welcome Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Be sure to update your copy of Sleepyhead with OSCAR. We expect a new release soon. https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-28-2020, 08:35 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Be sure to update your copy of Sleepyhead with OSCAR We expect a new release soon. 

So, if i am going to continue to use Sleepyhead, I want to download OSCAR and then run it?  I will go look at the instructions but just want to get a quick yes or no from there lol

Thanks!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Short answer is Yes.

Longer answer.
SleepyHead calculates compliance in 2 different places,  one of those is definitely wrong (hey they are different).  This has been corrected in OSCAR and will NOT be corrected in SleepyHead.  A wild guess, but that calc I suspect is important to you.  So the sooner the better.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was a Sleepyhead user.
I downloaded OSCAR and it's so much better!
I use an iMac; no problem!
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
I use an Airsense 10 Autoset (for Her) and I got an AirMini vs a Dreamstation or other travel machine because it jas the same modes and uses the same algorithm as my Airsense. I am very happy with it. I did find that it was louder when I first got it. However, I modified the AirMini hose so I could use my Bleep mask with it and once I did that, it is almost as quiet as my home machine. I am very pleased with how much smaller/lighter/easier to travel with it is!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 7 98 2 hours ago
Last Post: johnbrain
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 4 1,678 03-25-2024, 04:52 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 673 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,729 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix
  Lowenstein Prisma 20A - how can I work out energy usage for camping? JamesD0079 4 626 02-15-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  Small travel bag for ResMed 11 + Laptop? NelsonM 9 2,286 02-08-2024, 10:28 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Travel CPAP Concerns cyleclayton 3 457 01-18-2024, 12:32 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.