Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hello! New here, leak question
RE: Hello! New here, leak question
As you are able to move minimum pressure closer to what you median pressure is, the FL should lessen. I would stay with current setting for a couple weeks and watch your numbers.

Link to a Thread about FL:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...t-pressure

You may want to bring the max setting of 20 down to 15.

I have attached a link to the "Beginners Guide to SleepyHead". A lot of good information.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, OpalRose. I am confused by what you mean by "medium pressure". Is that another term for "median", or do you mean the average/mean pressure?

(07-24-2016, 06:35 AM)OpalRose Wrote: As you are able to move minimum pressure closer to what you medium pressure is, the FL should lessen. I would stay with current setting for a couple weeks and watch your numbers.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-24-2016, 08:35 AM)green wings Wrote: Hi, OpalRose. I am confused by what you mean by "medium pressure". Is that another term for "median", or do you mean the average/mean pressure?

(07-24-2016, 06:35 AM)OpalRose Wrote: As you are able to move minimum pressure closer to what you medium pressure is, the FL should lessen. I would stay with current setting for a couple weeks and watch your numbers.

Sorry for the confusion...I meant median.
Usually I suggest that a minimum pressure setting be 2cm below the 90% pressure which usually ends up being very close to the median pressure, or just set it at the med pressure.
amshy723's Med pressure is 10.46, so my thoughts are that the Min setting shouldn't be below that.

This blog by RobySue explains the differences much better than I can.
http://adventures-in-hosehead-land.blogs...de-to.html
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 23 3 hours ago
Last Post: LaraM
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 235 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,408 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  flow rate and leak rate question sleepingbetterinFl 0 89 03-21-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 141 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Large leak panic sleepingbetterinFl 3 150 03-19-2024, 07:48 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 133 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.