Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hello! Thank you! Thoughs on ResMed AirSense 10 Auto
Hello! Thank you! Thoughs on ResMed AirSense 10 Auto
Thanks

Hello all,
I'm new to the board, as I just discovered it while researching my new CPAP machine a couple weeks ago.

Let me start by saying... WOW!!... Thanks you to all who have shared their wisdom / experience on this board. I wish I'd found it years ago!
Within minutes of browsing the board I was able to gather more information than in any discussion with my disappearing doctors. It was great to hear the experiences of others on CPAP therapy.
Personally I'm a huge advocate. My life got better immediately upon regular use of CPAP therapy. I've used my machine almost every night since January 2007 almost without exception.

Background/Technical details:
I was diagnosed with Sleep Apnea in January 2007 after a routine physical with my primary care physician. I mentioned that I was regularly waking with a "sinus headache" and felt like I never went to sleep before my alarm sounded. After a prescribed in-office sleep study I was confirmed with a diagnosis of moderate sleep apnea. I've been using a Respironics REMstar Plus since. It was set at a static 9.0 cm/H2O. I was using it with a ResMed Mirage FX nasal mask and a chin strap for the last several years. I used the attached humidifier only when my sinus' demanded it.

Then three big changes:
1. About six months ago my insurance company refused to approve new supplies because there was no compliance data available from my aging REMstar. They required I purchase a new machine with data tracking.
2. I had started feeling like I did back in 2006. I guess my mask was worn out as it had not been replaced in about 4 months. What a reminder of how effective CPAP therapy can be! (Yep, I'm a cheerleader)
3. My wife had noted that I'd started regularly snoring through my mask. Was it worn out? Was the pressure set by the doctors in 2007 still effective?

New Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 Auto
What more can I say about the ResMed AirSense 10 Auto that has not been documented on this site. Probably not much. I found the review of the device provided by sharp56 was excellent. (Search... I can't link)

Well I'll try:
Data. Data. Data. Simply an great machine. If you have an older machine that does not record/report on your therapy, or you've always wondered if your machine was providing enough pressure, this machine could really work for you.
I was pleasantly surprised to see my equipment provider set the machine to the "plus" mode without my asking. I was really psyched! Now if I woke up not feeling rested I could actually see how many events had occurred, how much leakage had occurred, etc.
In addition, If you register with ResMed's "MyAir" portal you get a sleep score daily from the internet. At first I thought this seems like a very light version of data analysis... but I quickly realized something.... my recorded events per hour had more than doubled in the last two nights!
Why?
I had picked up my machine and then headed on vacation for a long 4 day weekend. I was not in my own bed... with my own PILLOW.
Can my pillow be effecting my therapy that much? I guess I'll find out as I experiment with other pillows in the house. (I had a "contour" pillow, I'm beginning to think it is part of the problem.)
Oh, and the machine has adjusted the pressure to 14cm H20. It appears my old 9.0 was not enough to stop my snoring.
Bottom Line: The ResMed AirSense 10 not only provides variable CPAP therapy based on recognition of Apnea events, it provides you with daily data to monitor your sleep. Either through the display on the machine, through the MyAir portal, or through the ResScan software.

Thanks for reading. If you have any questions about my experience I'd be glad to share.

Sweet dreams!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hello! Thank you! Thoughs on ResMed AirSense 10 Auto
Hi ZekeMTU,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It's great to hear that your CPAP experience is going so well and that you like your new machine.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
Much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hello! Thank you! Thoughs on ResMed AirSense 10 Auto
Welcome Zeke. Thanks for the details on the new A10.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 18 344 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,715 Yesterday, 05:18 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,593 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,760 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 227 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,173 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.