Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hello. Very new to here and sent from Reddit
Smile 
Hello. Very new to here and sent from Reddit
Hello.

i've been lurking and occasionally posting on Reddit for Sleep apnea.

I'm excited to be part of the community and I apologize if my questions about the forum are way basic.

I'm looking to set my Dreamstation to the optimal pressure settings and I heard this forum was somewhere to get that kind of advice ... is there anywhere specific I should be looking for this kind of advice?

Also I'm not very commuter literate and was wondering if there was any code of conduct or nomenclature specific to this website I should keep in mind?

Sorry for my noobness and thank you for your time!

Thanks Thanks Huh Thanks Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hello. Very new to here and sent from Reddit
To start with you need a card in you machine and a card reader on your computer. If your dreamstation is a model that gives data (not just compliance data) you need to download the free OSCAR software at the top of the site read how to set up the graphs and how to take screenshots that can be used here. And post one or several days of data. Then the experts can and will help you set up your machine to deliver the best therapy.

READ WIKI link at the top of the site. There is a lot to read
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum

Rules see this http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...oard-Rules
in summary, play nice, no flameing, no spam, and describe links rather than post them (search Amazon for xyz.)

Download OSCAR and post your nightly charts, see my signature for organization and ho to attach the screenshots. We tend to advise from data and OSCAR is the best for that.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello  bonjour. Thank you for your help!

Should my screenshot look something like this?

Hello stacyburke!

Thank you for your reply.

Should my attachment look something like this?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Always include a full night screenshot as it provides context.
I'd like you to try a min pressure of 9 and see what happens, looking to lower your obstructive events.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you again! 

This is a great forum ...

Is there anywhere specific on the forum I should be sending my data?

I'll make sure to switch to 9.

Thanks for your time.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
It also looks like you need more max your still showing snores and your machine is ar the max pressure of 11 at times cany you also raise the max to 12
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you to everyone!
Post Reply Post Reply
I would raise the bottom number one more.  Still to many events.  How are you sleeping and handling the higher pressure?  Are you feeling any better on waking? I agree with one more on the top
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.