Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hello all
RE: Hello all
In the meantime, how do you feel?

The complexity of your sleep situation drives the need for more data. It is essential for anyone who needs advanced treatment.

If you can post your sleep study results it will at least let people know what sleep issues were found.

No one wants a brick, but if you are getting good sleep on CPAP and are feeling more invigorated and not sleepy during the day, then you can take your time to track down a better machine and put off the cost.

However, if you are not getting good sleep and have no idea of the AHI breakdown, especially central/obstructive, then it is just a slow process of trial and error that may not lead to a solution.

The only caveat is that if a Resmed Autoset doesn’t fix your sleep issues and your AHI is still low, the more advanced machines are much more expensive to buy yourself.

John
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-23-2020, 01:43 PM)70sSanO Wrote: In the meantime, how do you feel?

The complexity of your sleep situation drives the need for more data.  It is essential for anyone who needs advanced treatment.

If you can post your sleep study results it will at least let people know what sleep issues were found.

No one wants a brick, but if you are getting good sleep on CPAP and  are feeling more invigorated and not sleepy during the day, then you can take your time to track down a better machine and put off the cost.

However, if you are not getting good sleep and have no idea of the AHI breakdown, especially central/obstructive, then it is just a slow process of trial and error that may not lead to a solution.

The only caveat is that if a Resmed Autoset doesn’t fix your sleep issues and your AHI is still low, the more advanced machines are much more expensive to buy yourself.

John

Generally ok, have good nights and not so good, definitely room for improvement but so hard to tell without access to the data what is really going on.  Even my current machine is likely to benefit from tweaked settings, I would think.  I have discovered that for about £70 I can add a gadget onto the rear of the Sleep Cube which will allow the data to be captured on a normal standard SD card which I can then upload to OSCAR.  Might just do that, even if it is not the ideal situation as it will provide much more data than I have now.  Dreamstations seem easier to get in the UK but I will keep Resmed options open when the time is right for a new machine!! 

Thanks for the advice everyone, I will get myself organised with the Cube's attachment in the meantime and put up some screenshots when it's all working, while I consider future options.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would be very interested in seeing a copy of your SD card after you get the SmrtLink module. OSCAR has some support of the Intellipap SleepStyle (aka SmartCube) machines, but we haven't really looked at them recently. The Intellipap importer may need some updating.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Happy to help with providing a copy of the card to those forum members doing the software development on OSCAR. Will post a message when I have purchased the module and got it set up and working - as an aside, I don't really want to spend an extra £100 over and above the hardware module which costs about £70, for the Devillbus software package as I think it is Windows only and I have a Mac, and I would rather stick with OSCAR anyway, as I believe it is the best software solution currently out there.
Post Reply Post Reply
What model machine do you have?
Post Reply Post Reply
I am not sure - will check and post the model number in the morning - I think it might be a DV54 but might be wrong...
Post Reply Post Reply

NOT the OPs data
Just to give you an idea of the detail available from a DV54D
(there is also a time at pressure chart.  Note the granularity, especially with the events and ALL of the charts
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Volvofan,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck with CPAP therapy.
As soon as you get your settings dialed in you will soon notice the difference.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Just to confirm, it is a DV54 UK model. Am awaiting the Data module now and will report back when its all up and running!
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.