Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hello and Happy Holidays!
Hello and Happy Holidays!
I just wanted to say hi to everyone.

I was recently diagnosed with sleep apnea. Strangely it started with my new dentist. At my recent checkup (first appointment with him) he said that I am a "clencher" and asked if I have sleap apnea. I told him I do have sleep problems so it wouldn't surprise me. He said the clenching was a sign of apnea. So I asked my family doctor about it and he referred me to Respiratory Homecare Solutions. They sent me home with a machine and then called me back a few days later. I guess I stop breathing 17.5 times an hour.

It's not really a surprise when I look back at the last few months. I have been getting progressively more irritable and fatigued with random little bursts of dizziness and a strange headache sensation.

So now I have this loaner ResMed S9. I tried the nasal pillows but I couldn't exhale properly so I'd wake up not long after I fell asleep and take it off. They've upgraded me to a full face mask and that seems to last me a bit longer, but I seem to be getting stuffed up sinuses. Not sure if it's the air, humidifier or allergies.

I've talked to a couple different people at Respiratory Homecare Solutions but they don't seem like they are actually doctors or anything. So I'm trying to get as much info from here as I can.

I am slowly perusing the forums figuring things out. I downloaded the 2 software packages and I'll pick up an SD card in the next couple days so I can track my sleeping more effectively. Any other tips would be greatly appreciated, in case I miss it in the forums, or maybe just need a reminder Wink

Scott.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hello and Happy Holidays!
Hi eraserturds and welcome to the forum! Sounds to me like you should visit your GP and ask for a referral for a sleep study. That's where you will get assessed better and be diagnosed through a medical doctor who specializes in sleep disordered breathing.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi eraser, welcome to the forums. You didn't ask a question, but if exhaling is uncomfortable, look into your EPR (exhale pressure relief) settings. The settings 1-3 correspond to centimeters H2O pressure reduction during exhale.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good morning and thank you both for your suggestions!

Scott.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome! Stuffed up sinuses could be from too much or too little humidity. Try adjusting your humidifier settings up and down to see if one of those directions makes things better.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey I forgot to reply to your humidifier message!

I have been having sinus issues for awhile, so I think it may be allergy related. I've got a prescription for some nasal spray now and I try to do a nasal flush a couple times a day. We'll see how that goes so for now I think. Thanks for the input, I'll keep it in mind for sure!

Scott.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happy Thanksgiving. Big Guy 9 579 11-25-2023, 07:16 AM
Last Post: FLcracker
  Happy Anniversary...well...almost. David Clark 1 433 12-28-2022, 10:11 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Happy Thanksgiving! Big Guy 9 790 11-24-2022, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Homerec130
  Happy to Share This :) Abletree 3 677 04-26-2022, 03:46 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  DME Venting (And Potential Happy Ending?) The Latinist 4 810 11-10-2021, 07:38 PM
Last Post: clownbell
  Happy new year from France Camera Obscura 4 735 01-01-2021, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
Thumbsup New on board, happy to be there gromo 1 730 12-23-2020, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Jeff8356

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.