Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hello and advice?
RE: Hello and advice?
Awesome!! Great job being proactive and standing your ground!! Hope that things work better for you now!!

Just curious....what nasal pillows did they give you?
Post Reply Post Reply
According to the bag it is the Swift™ FX for Her.
I am not sure how the "for Her" is different, except it has pink on it, because apparently that's really important and let's me know it's for girls.
(I may have a slight issue with making a product pink and then saying it's for women... just maybe....)
Post Reply Post Reply
I think it's smaller than the Swift FX. Also, pink!
Post Reply Post Reply
The Swift FX for Her comes with XS, S, and M pillows; the Swift FX (for Him?) comes with S, M, and L pillows.

The Swift FX for Her's backstrap is pink. The top strap of the Swift FX for Her can be tightened a bit tighter than the Swift FX (for Him?)

Post Reply Post Reply
Good luck with your AutoSet. I began with the same model last week and also the Swift FX pillows. They are working well for me. No problems with leaks and comfortable enough.

Must be I was given a Swift FX for him. Didn't know there was a difference. Not a big deal I guess since I use the Small size pillow. Good to know in the future though. I find I have to adjust the top strap often and wishing I could get it tighter.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-30-2013, 02:01 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi sassafras, WELCOME! to the forum.!
I know you said that you wore the mask during the day without the machine, you might try to wear your mask and use your machine during the day while you read or watch TV so your body get used to both the mask and the machine. Your body is getting used to this "new" way of sleeping. It can take a while to get used to CPAP therapy, just stick with it, it will get better.
Hang in there for more suggestions and best of luck with your CPAP therapy.

Welcome Sassafrass. I used to teach in DC Schools. The most important thing is to amass as much knowledge as you can about sleep apnea and it's treatment. Read read read. Know that it is hard for everyone at first and it is a long learning curve.
People on this board have helped me a lot especially in regard to getting comfortable with the treatment. First of all the machine is your friend. It is saving your life. With oxygen thal low, you are losing brain and heart cells every time you sleep without your mask. You may have to try several kinds of masks. Get comfortable with your mask and use it while u watch TV. Take some cough medicine or some soothing tea before you put the mask on. Maybe have your favorite song on too.
Breath with the machine. It is saving your life and when u are using it every night all night you will begin to feel like a new person. Feel free to ask all the questions u need to. We are here to help. I am a newbie too. I have only been on it for a little over two weeks but slowly I am getting used to it and I feel better. If the mask is uncomfortable u can buy some liners called Remzzzs on amazon. They help with leaks etc. if you use a nasal mask or pillows, it's good to have a full face mask for when u have a cold or cannot breathe through your nose. Is your nose gets all dried out you can use Ayrs Nasal gel to moisturize. Never use Vaseline or petroleum based products on your face or hands near the mask as it will cause deterioration.
Just kick back and relax. It's not that bad after a while and saving your life is a good thing!tWink
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-05-2013, 10:11 AM)sassafras Wrote: I've exchanged my Escape for an Autoset this morning, and picked up a nasal pillows mask as well.
Here's hoping for a better night tonight. Smile

Wow! That's good news. You should have a better night. With the nasal pillows sometimes your mouth will drop open. A chin strap can help that and you can put a small stuffed toy or rolled up towels under your chin to keep your chin from dropping.
good luck tonight!
Post Reply Post Reply
Make sure your EPR is turned on(exhale relief). You can experiment with settings at 1,2 or 3.
Post Reply Post Reply
I found because I knew I had to breath through my nose and keep my mouth shut with nasal pillows, I was concentrating too much on it and forcing my inhale and forcing my exhale rather than just relaxing and breathing naturally. Let your breathing develop down in your lungs and breath naturally.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 15 262 31 minutes ago
Last Post: iamJB
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 168 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 856 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,789 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 143 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 77 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 21 787 03-12-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.