Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hello folks, new kid here!
Hello folks, new kid here!
First let me say thank you for all the information I have received here. I have been CPAPing for a few years and recently upgraded to the S9. I wanted the autoset, because if my needs change due to sleep position etc, it would be great if the machine also changed. The prescribing doctor didn't agree and had the machine set to 13-16. I thought I would have to get out a soldering iron to adjust. But, was very happy to find the answer here. Fast and simple. Thank you.
I do have a question on the humidity settings. I have the 5i humidifier and climate line tubing. I live in the tropics and the humidity is always over 60% and my room temperature is always in the 80's. I am thinking I don't need to heat any water for humidity, but not sure what to do with the climate line tubing. Not quite sure what its job is.
Thank you for your help.
Saludos,
Francisco
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hello folks, new kid here!
Hi harmonicamoon,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
If you don't think you need much humidity, you could turn your humidifier off and just put water in the tank and run it in passover mode. You can also get the slimline tubing and use it instead of the heated tubing, but hang tight for more suggestions and best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-02-2013, 11:47 AM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi harmonicamoon,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
If you don't think you need much humidity, you could turn your humidifier off and just put water in the tank and run it in passover mode. You can also get the slimline tubing and use it instead of the heated tubing, but hang tight for more suggestions and best of luck to you.

Thank you trish6hundred. If I don't need the heated tubing, I guess I could just unlock it (turn it to the right) and it would be a slim line tubing, no?
Post Reply Post Reply
You can just turn the temperature control knob to "off." I recommend that instead of partially disconnecting the climate line tube.

I say that because the climate line tube does not stay on unless the electrical connection is made. My climate line slips right off of the connector if it isn't snapped/locked into place. A true SlimLine hose probably has a tighter coupling.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-02-2013, 11:38 AM)harmonicamoon Wrote: I do have a question on the humidity settings. I have the 5i humidifier and climate line tubing. I live in the tropics and the humidity is always over 60% and my room temperature is always in the 80's. I am thinking I don't need to heat any water for humidity, but not sure what to do with the climate line tubing. Not quite sure what its job is.
Thank you for your help.
Saludos,
Francisco

The heated hose is for preventing rainout (water condensing and splashing on your face) and icicle nose. I had a lot of trouble with both last winter while sleeping in a 55-60 degree bedroom, so I use a Hybernite heated hose in the winter. Now in the summer, I'm using a regular hose. In the tropics, a Climateline hose will just shut off the heating element and act like a regular hose. (My Hybernite hose would give me a blast of scorching hot air if I try to use it during the summer).
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-02-2013, 02:29 PM)big_dave Wrote:
(08-02-2013, 11:38 AM)harmonicamoon Wrote: I do have a question on the humidity settings. I have the 5i humidifier and climate line tubing. I live in the tropics and the humidity is always over 60% and my room temperature is always in the 80's. I am thinking I don't need to heat any water for humidity, but not sure what to do with the climate line tubing. Not quite sure what its job is.
Thank you for your help.
Saludos,
Francisco

The heated hose is for preventing rainout (water condensing and splashing on your face) and icicle nose. I had a lot of trouble with both last winter while sleeping in a 55-60 degree bedroom, so I use a Hybernite heated hose in the winter. Now in the summer, I'm using a regular hose. In the tropics, a Climateline hose will just shut off the heating element and act like a regular hose. (My Hybernite hose would give me a blast of scorching hot air if I try to use it during the summer).
Thank you big_dave for explaining the purpose of the heated hose. I will turn off the humidifier, and the heated hose will become a normal hose. It will be nice when I go to drier/colder climates.
Francisco
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-02-2013, 12:44 PM)Paptillian Wrote: You can just turn the temperature control knob to "off." I recommend that instead of partially disconnecting the climate line tube.

I say that because the climate line tube does not stay on unless the electrical connection is made. My climate line slips right off of the connector if it isn't snapped/locked into place. A true SlimLine hose probably has a tighter coupling.

The slimline has the same coupling on each end. In other words, you put the mask on one end and on the other end, )which is just like the one you connect your mask to,) you connect to your machine. I hope that made sense, Sometimes, It seems like I talk myself into a dead end, (Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha.)
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did the Sleep folks miss something? Sleepy Quixote 2 518 06-25-2023, 01:13 PM
Last Post: Sleepy Quixote
  Hello folks, here is my graph from last night and night before Phil487 5 920 06-15-2023, 02:05 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Hello folks, new here and new to using CPAP Phil487 4 459 05-31-2023, 09:32 AM
Last Post: mmaattppp
Question [Treatment] S. Apnea caused by bad orthodontia, solve w/ dental appliance. What do folks think? NightOwl42 11 1,978 08-28-2019, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Stom
  Hello folks, allow me to introduce myself nightrider1669 8 2,348 09-09-2018, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Board Newbie, 13+ years on CPAP - Hello folks!! GreatBlueWhale 4 2,269 09-12-2014, 02:36 AM
Last Post: NickDanger
  Full Face Mask question for Oxygen/cpap folks nmbugs 4 3,100 01-15-2014, 01:09 AM
Last Post: Peter_C

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.