Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hello kind of new here
Hello everyone I am kind of new to this forum
I have been using cpap for a while almost 2 years I switched to bipap for the past about 4 months. When I started it the tech told me he recomended I try and get the asv titration due to my central apne as but my o2 levels stayed within the 90s so the doc didn't feel it necessary to do that but I did get a bipap s/t with a backup rate of 10 set at 12/8 I told them not long ago it still seemed to not help very much but was better than cpap as effectiveness. I have been reading the data off of it every now and then and at first my ahi was at 1 or so and now it is going up steadily as time goes on. I was wondering why there would be a reason for this. I am in the process of getting a new doctor since I didn't get along with mine currently. But u was wondering any idea why it would stop being as effective over time.
Post Reply Post Reply
Therapy needs change, and you have a complex apnea and will need more details to make effective adjustments and understand what is going on. You should start by downloading the Sleepyhead software and taking a look at what kind of events are increasing and the circumstances of the events: http://www.sleepfiles.com/SH2/

If your machine is the 950 or 960 the data should be stored on a SD card. Sleepyhead does not currently read data fro the PRS1 1060 machines. As far as changing efficacy, you really need to know what kind of events are increasing. Best of luck, and welcome to the forums.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-21-2015, 10:15 AM)Clinte89 Wrote: Hello everyone I am kind of new to this forum

Welcome to the forum! Hi

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply

Ok thanks. I have the 1060 which is not compatable with sleepy head. I have been using encode basic because it's free and I can look at which events are occurring more often. I've been thinking about getting something to see if my o2 at night is consistent. I'll read it tonight and see what events are occurring. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Clinte89,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more suggestions and answers to your questions; hopefully you find a doc that is more in tune with your needs.
Much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Clinte89, the machine model is useful information. Encore is a very capable program and lets you see the respiratory pressure wave form. Make sure you're using the latest version 2.4.8. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...hines-only
Post Reply Post Reply

Welcome Clinte89! Keep us posted on how you are doing!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello again. I didnt have a computer for a while. I have noticed a rise in hypopnea as well as centrals but the majority of the time its just more hypopneas. What should I do to remedy this?
Post Reply Post Reply
Probably nothing you need to do if hypos are the primary thing. can you tell from encore basic whether the hypos are happening in clusters or not, and are more prevalent at high or low pressures? also, how are your flow-limitations and snoring indices (on average)?

Do a summary report for your most recent 14 days. What is the average AHI? (or RDI?)

Good Luck!

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
You'll note I am listed as an Advisory Member. I am honored to be listed as such. See the fine print - Advisory Members as a group provide advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies. Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What kind of PAPist are you? TASmart 30 690 06-20-2017, 11:19 AM
Last Post: Kadenz
  Complete Newbie... Kind of Overwhelmed marilynmalloy 8 750 09-15-2016, 11:27 PM
Last Post: eseedhouse
  [Equipment] what kind of memory card is used for REMSTAR System One DS560? asdftalk 10 916 07-03-2016, 09:18 PM
Last Post: egzbuen
  [Equipment] What kind of machine do I have. mahonhm 4 769 10-04-2015, 10:23 AM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  A different kind of awake MobileBasset 6 1,475 08-21-2015, 12:00 AM
Last Post: Ghost1958