Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Hello kind of new here
Hello kind of new here
Hello everyone I am kind of new to this forum
I have been using cpap for a while almost 2 years I switched to bipap for the past about 4 months. When I started it the tech told me he recomended I try and get the asv titration due to my central apne as but my o2 levels stayed within the 90s so the doc didn't feel it necessary to do that but I did get a bipap s/t with a backup rate of 10 set at 12/8 I told them not long ago it still seemed to not help very much but was better than cpap as effectiveness. I have been reading the data off of it every now and then and at first my ahi was at 1 or so and now it is going up steadily as time goes on. I was wondering why there would be a reason for this. I am in the process of getting a new doctor since I didn't get along with mine currently. But u was wondering any idea why it would stop being as effective over time.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hello kind of new here
Therapy needs change, and you have a complex apnea and will need more details to make effective adjustments and understand what is going on. You should start by downloading the Sleepyhead software and taking a look at what kind of events are increasing and the circumstances of the events: http://www.sleepfiles.com/SH2/

If your machine is the 950 or 960 the data should be stored on a SD card. Sleepyhead does not currently read data fro the PRS1 1060 machines. As far as changing efficacy, you really need to know what kind of events are increasing. Best of luck, and welcome to the forums.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-21-2015, 10:15 AM)Clinte89 Wrote: Hello everyone I am kind of new to this forum

Welcome to the forum! Hi
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok thanks. I have the 1060 which is not compatable with sleepy head. I have been using encode basic because it's free and I can look at which events are occurring more often. I've been thinking about getting something to see if my o2 at night is consistent. I'll read it tonight and see what events are occurring. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Clinte89,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more suggestions and answers to your questions; hopefully you find a doc that is more in tune with your needs.
Much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Clinte89, the machine model is useful information. Encore is a very capable program and lets you see the respiratory pressure wave form. Make sure you're using the latest version 2.4.8. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...hines-only
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome Clinte89! Keep us posted on how you are doing!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello again. I didnt have a computer for a while. I have noticed a rise in hypopnea as well as centrals but the majority of the time its just more hypopneas. What should I do to remedy this?
Post Reply Post Reply
Probably nothing you need to do if hypos are the primary thing. can you tell from encore basic whether the hypos are happening in clusters or not, and are more prevalent at high or low pressures? also, how are your flow-limitations and snoring indices (on average)?

Do a summary report for your most recent 14 days. What is the average AHI? (or RDI?)

Good Luck!

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What kind of breathing is this? sprinter 3 413 01-05-2024, 01:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Luna 2 solfware. Heres where to go . (kind of like oscar watertrails 4 1,958 09-22-2023, 10:40 AM
Last Post: rubbercow
  Understanding what kind of leak I have arunjb 15 1,673 08-05-2022, 10:28 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  What kind of communication did you get fr doctor/DME starting CPAP? theredheadsaid 9 957 07-27-2022, 07:07 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  What kind of dreams do you have? Rcgop 9 1,155 10-29-2020, 07:12 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
  [Diagnosis] Sleep Study: what kind of apnea do I have? orand 6 1,200 10-06-2020, 02:01 PM
Last Post: becker44a
  Could someone help me analyze my sleep test results? What kind of therapy is needed? vrapche031 28 2,727 08-20-2020, 11:20 AM
Last Post: vrapche031

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.