Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help
Help
I am traveling my machines alarm went off and machine stopped working.  It was an E48-railed flow sensor.  Is there something I can do or do I have to wait until Monday and take it in?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help
E48 is a critical error. What model or generation is this machine? M-Series, System One 50 0r 60 series? If it is a 50 series there may be a sensor you can screw down.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This link with failure codes will help you narrow down what is wrong.  You will most likely have to take the machine in for repair.  

How old is the machine?  Is it still under warranty?  

http://www.apneaboard.com/file_links121/...0Codes.pdf
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-08-2017, 10:07 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: E48 is a critical error. What model or generation is this machine? M-Series, System One 50 0r 60 series?  If it is a 50 series there may be a sensor you can screw down.

Model1038917. Serial number 4809468  auto svwith smart card. I have no idea about the series.
Post Reply Post Reply
That model is the Legacy Auto SV and was built before the M-Series, probably about 2002-2006. If you have need for ASV treatment, you need a new machine, and I know they are pretty darn expensive. Are you insured, or self-financing? Do you still have your sleep study and prescription? The reason I asked about the model is that the System One 50 series had a problem where the main board needed to be screwed down to make better contact with the sensors. Unfortunately, I don't know of a repair for your older machine.

Philips Respironics Dreamstation or System One Auto SV Advanced, or the Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV or Resmed VPAP Adapt should what you are looking for. The updated machines do a much nicer job with auto-adjusting EPAP pressures and faster responding pressure support for centrals, hypopnea and periodic breathing.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Kactuskathy,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I hope you can get your machine problems resolved; it sounds like you need a new machine though.
Good luck to you, check back and let us know of your progress.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.