Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help, Advice, Guidance Needed
RE: Help, Advice, Guidance Needed
It'd be nice if cracking the window turns out to be the solution. I had no idea there was such a thing as a wireless SD card; learn something every day. I see that you've posted a separate thread on this. If you search "wireless SD card" you will see some other threads that might be helpful.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night I managed to get 5 hrs sleep over 3 sessions

02:50 - 05:09
08:00 - 09:30
09:56 - 11:10

When I woke after the first session my arthritis throughout my body was killing me and took some quite time to calm back down.... The fact that I got more sleep afterwards is another good sign....  Previously, further sleep would never had occured after such an event... 

Any adjustments/suggestions to encourage/improve longer sleep sessions, what is waking me ?

Tongiht, my arthritis is playing up, so it is another test for how well I will do with CPAP....

Here are screenshots of last night charts, i've zoomed in a couple of events, i'm not sure if anything is important, how do I learn what is / what isn't ??

Post Reply Post Reply
I've slept a broken 5hrs last night spread over a 10hr period. Is there anything in particular that sticks out? 

Post Reply Post Reply
Other than your arthritic pain, the CPAP is working very well to minimize events with minimum pressure 6.0 and EPR 3. Your median pressure ends up at 7 and you have occasional excursions to 8 cm. This is a fairly low level of pressure fluctuation and should not be disruptive to sleep. If you are comfortable with the pressure, a minimum of 7.0 might be more consistent, but your efficacy is good. I hope you can overcome the pain problems and get in some longer sleep. Have you tried a memory foam mattress or topper?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey Sleeprider,

Yep, I've got adjustrable bed frame, a memory foam matress one side, a memory foam mattress with a gel top on the other, I have a other matress/bed types elsewhere if I need to change.
- My main goto memory foam mattress I'm actually in the process of replacing. 

Basically with my condition I need the variety to prevent sleeping in similar postions all the time. 
- I've had my arthritic condition 25yrs and have learnt to self manage. 
- The coronavirus lockdown is preventing me accessing my heat therapy treatment which doesn't help with pain/stiffness management.

The other battle I have is that a lot of the drugs I take for Ankylosing Spondylitis and Addisions disiease (my other serious medical condition) interfere with sleep... Though talking to doctors you wouldn't think this.... I just have to live with it....  Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply
I hope this doesn't sound too Pollyanna-ish, but you are actually doing better and better: getting in more sleep with the machine, controlling leaks, reducing flow limitations, notching good AHIs consistently. As far as apnea treatment goes, I predict you will continue to adapt well.

Pain at night is a bitch, as I know. The way I think of it is that the PAP therapy is enabling me to get the maximum rest and good health that are possible within whatever limits the night's pain may bring.

And it's hard to be sure, but I think the pain doesn't rouse me as much as it used to, though once I'm roused, I know I'll be tossing and turning the rest of the night. My theory is that it is easier to sleep through pain when there's not a lot of apnea events and flow limitations preventing deeper sleep.

Keep us posted.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 44 1,822 5 hours ago
Last Post: akarifur
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 302 Yesterday, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 180 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 874 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 5,529 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 148 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 144 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.