Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help Analyzing Sleepyhead Data
RE: Help Analyzing Sleepyhead Data
(03-15-2018, 12:03 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: Probably reacting to leaks or flow limitations. Can't tell without a chart.

(03-15-2018, 04:31 PM)bonjour Wrote: Plus the full night please.

Fred

Here are the screenshots. Definitely some leaks, flow limitations and respiratory events (although I am not 100% was the flow limitations and RE actually signify).

GJ

(03-15-2018, 04:31 PM)bonjour Wrote: Plus the full night please.

Fred

And one more
Post Reply Post Reply
It looks like flow limitations are driving your machine pressures upwards. I would suggest limiting the upper pressure to a lower value such as 13 this will prevent the machine blowing the mask off your face but should not adversely affect your treatment someone more experienced than me may come back with a better recommendation so hang in there
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd raise the minimum pressure up to 9cm. Your getting flow limitations and events because your pressure is too low. By raising the pressure you can stop the sudden increases before they start.

As far as what is a flow limitation. They are restrictions to your air flow. Obstructive events like H's and OA's are flow limitations that meet the criteria of length of time and severity of restriction. Any restriction less than 10 seconds and/or less than 50% restriction would be called a flow limitation.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
RERA (Respiratory Effort-Related Arousals)

see Beyond AHI: Apneas and hypopneas and scroll down to the RERA section.

Basically a RERA is a flow limit with a recovery breath.

Flow Limits are as Walla Walla said,  
Quote:They are restrictions to your air flow. Obstructive events like H's and OA's are flow limitations that meet the criteria of length of time and severity of restriction. Any restriction less than 10 seconds and/or less than 50% restriction would be called a flow limitation.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
On settings, your machine is doing exactly what it should be doing.  My suggestion would be to leave the max where it is at for a week and see if you adjust to it.  Then if you are still having issues with the high pressure bring it down, since you mentioned 15 being an issue I'd initially set Max at 15 and see how you do with that, 13 is as I would want it to go.  

I want you to stick a straw 8 inches into a glass of water then blow thru the straw.  That is your machines MAX pressure (ok .32 cm over it).  

Your numbers are very good.  small and slow adjustments only.  How you feel is now much more important and do not chase numbers

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
GJ, Most of these charts look great, but the first one from March 6 showing the RERA was loaded with flow limitation which caused rapid increase of pressure to the maximum where you shut it down.  What is noteworthy here is apparent the lack of EPR which is present in all other charts.   I think you need a bit more minimum pressure, and continue to use EPR at 2 or 3.  Higher pressure seem to disrupt your sleep and therapy, so I think you can safely limit pressure to 15 cm.

I'm just including this chart because it is textbook for flow limits and snores, as well as response of the machine.  Closeups of the flow rate chart are better if you right click the margin where it says Flow Rate, and format the Y-axis to include a dotted line at zero.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4921]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Analyzing OSCAR DATA givememyusername 3 232 03-20-2024, 06:02 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Help Analyzing Oscar Data sillyzippy 10 604 02-17-2024, 05:46 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Help analyzing OSCAR - Sent by beerdujour spaceodyssey 17 1,062 10-18-2023, 10:33 AM
Last Post: spaceodyssey
  Need Help analyzing OSCAR data megagreatwhite 8 553 10-02-2023, 02:06 AM
Last Post: stevew77
  In Need of Help Analyzing Source of Leaks in Oscar rosebladepat 1 407 10-01-2023, 01:48 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  Help on analyzing my OSCAR results Oliviermes83 3 455 08-20-2023, 02:29 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Help analyzing my OSCAR data m415 9 876 07-14-2023, 11:08 AM
Last Post: m415

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.