Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help! Brand new to this
RE: Help! Brand new to this
(03-27-2018, 10:47 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: Actually the last update on the DreamStation added password protection. The provider may have put in a password.

If true, I would return the machine and tell them that is unacceptable. Remove the lock or they can keep it.  Another good reason to get the Airsense 10 Autoset.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Last nights chart....Im happy, improvement
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-28-2018, 09:20 AM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(03-27-2018, 10:47 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: Actually the last update on the DreamStation added password protection. The provider may have put in a password.

If true, I would return the machine and tell them that is unacceptable. Remove the lock or they can keep it.  Another good reason to get the Airsense 10 Autoset.

I would agree. This would be unacceptable to me. 

I suspect there is a hardware reset of some kind, or a software override. Sooner or later a password will be forgotten, and there must be a back door in. Kind of like the modems that internet providers supply. I always change the admin password, but they still can get in.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-28-2018, 09:50 AM)Mttnkatt Wrote: Last nights chart....Im happy, improvement

With your CA index at about 3, you are not likely to get below that on the total AHI. There still seems to be opportunity to improve OA and H events though. You really need to change your SleepyHead layout so Pressure, Flow Limitations, and Snore are in the top 5 traces. Just left click on the title of the graph and drag it up in the list. Then poster here can do more to help you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. I.Will reorganize charts .
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-28-2018, 11:31 AM)Mttnkatt Wrote: Thank you. I.Will reorganize charts .

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
You are getting there. I find no use for the Navigation on the right, and I would not display it so there is more screen room. Click on View in the top menu bar, and uncheck the bottom item "Right Side Bar"

I find the pie chart takes up room and is not that helpful. You can fix it by choosing File, Preferences, Appearance, and then uncheck the box for pie chart.

I don't find flow rate that helpful, and I would drag it down and replace it with Flow Limitation.

Last you can put more info on a screen shot if you maximize your SleepHead window first, then press F12 to get the screenshot. 

Your chart is hard to read because of the size, but my first impression is to select a start pressure that is a little higher, say like 6 cm, and a ramp rate of say 15 minutes with a minimum pressure pressure of 8 cm. That should help prevent some of the events that are happening at lower pressures, and get them down to a more manageable number to see what further adjustments can be made. 

Hope that helps some
Post Reply Post Reply
Actually we want the flow rate right up under events. On a Philips machine there is no flow limitation graph.

In addition to removing the right side-bar in View and Pie Chart in file/preferences/Appearance, removing that huge monthly calendar by clicking the triangle in the date line would be a big help to bring more useful data into view.

This is really typical of a Philips Dreamstation Auto with default settings. Your staring pressure of 4 is far too low leading to hypopnea and RERA and finally OA. I'm not sure what your Flex setting is, but for now, the minimum pressure should be moved up to 8.0 and we can see if that improves this.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
See that triangle by the date . Click on that to lose the calendar to give more info below.

You are doing better but you could knock off a lot of events which are occurring at your low levels. My view is that you could have a range of 8-14 and see what that gets you.
Sleepyhead in 5 easy steps
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead

Post Reply Post Reply

This is last nights chart.  Im struggling and learning.  Its hard to keep the mask on past 6am especially when the pressure is 17+

Question:  If I am awake why doesnt the pressure decrease?
I waited a few minutes and it stayed blaring at 17.10.
I wound up hitting the ramp for a break.

Another thing.  What is my set pressure?
I have the ramp starting at 6 for 15 mins and saw it go to 10.5, is that my set pressure?

Need more help please
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brand new to this Cheesedream 53 2,597 02-09-2024, 08:12 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  I’m brand new and have a question Boba1241 6 434 12-22-2023, 08:54 AM
Last Post: eok361
  Brand new Bi-PAP machine whistles on inhale. S.L. Ping Beauty 4 605 02-28-2023, 10:25 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Equipment] Newbie with prescription and brand new machine from relative Bruce61 1 477 02-18-2023, 01:45 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Brand new. Less than a week any observations on this OSCAR pic? billy2606 3 511 01-07-2023, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Brazen
  How to know if Resmed Airsense 11 is brand new? LordHelmet 8 1,505 01-03-2023, 11:52 PM
Last Post: Brazen
  Any help grateful ! 39m brand new to CPAP RedArt 1 447 01-02-2023, 08:18 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.