Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help! Brand new to this
RE: Help! Brand new to this
(04-09-2018, 09:46 AM)Mttnkatt Wrote: This is last nights chart.  Im struggling and learning.  Its hard to keep the mask on past 6am especially when the pressure is 17+

Question:  If I am awake why doesnt the pressure decrease?
I waited a few minutes and it stayed blaring at 17.10.
I wound up hitting the ramp for a break.

Another thing.  What is my set pressure?
I have the ramp starting at 6 for 15 mins and saw it go to 10.5, is that my set pressure?

Need more help please

CPAP machines use "rules" to decide when to increase pressure and when to reduce them, and they are all probably a bit different, but it will be based on your recent events for the night and how quickly the machine decides to ramp down based on when they last occurred and how frequently. 

I did a trial on a new Fisher&Paykel SleepStyle machine and it has an interesting feature called SensAwake. If you google fisher&paykel sensawake you will find some info on it. It senses when you awake in the night and reduces pressures to your start pressure and then starts up through the ramp cycle when you fall asleep again. It works very well and is quite comfortable. However many other things I didn't like about that machine and it would be an expensive solution to switch machines...

Your set pressures according to SleepyHead is 4 cm minimum and 20 maximum. 

I think your problem with the ramp may be that you have the start pressure set at 6 cm and your minimum is 4 cm. It would ramp down not up. On the ResMed I am quite sure it will not even let you put in a setting like that. Not sure what the Dreamstation does. As a starting point I would increase your minimum to 10 cm, and leave the start pressure at 6 cm with a 15 minute ramp. You should then start at 6 and ramp to 10 cm over 15 minutes, which you may find more comfortable. Then post your charts again and it may be possible to refine the minimum pressure a bit more. I would leave the max at 20 cm.
Post Reply Post Reply
Based on your last chart. If it were me I'd dump the ramp set a minimum of 15cm and leave maximum at 20cm. Truth be told you'd be better off with a Resmed VAUTO.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi again. Thanks for the replies.

Is my machine setting coming from the sd card or did I set it when I made my profile?
I can't seem to find a place to edit my profile, and Will look at my machine tonight.

I do know the ramp starts at 6, Even though my profile says 4 is my min pressure for 15 mins and goes to 10.5, so I guess that's my set pressure from the medical supply?

6 is still low and I can bump it up but if it stops at 10, its not to too far from it anyway.

I want to feel better but so far really no improvement.  I know I don't get good sleep and wake allot and I don't know what to do to make it better.
I have to drag myself out of bed in the am. I hate it.

I.don't think I could go right to a 15 starting pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brand new to this Cheesedream 53 2,611 02-09-2024, 08:12 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  I’m brand new and have a question Boba1241 6 440 12-22-2023, 08:54 AM
Last Post: eok361
  Brand new Bi-PAP machine whistles on inhale. S.L. Ping Beauty 4 611 02-28-2023, 10:25 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Equipment] Newbie with prescription and brand new machine from relative Bruce61 1 485 02-18-2023, 01:45 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Brand new. Less than a week any observations on this OSCAR pic? billy2606 3 519 01-07-2023, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Brazen
  How to know if Resmed Airsense 11 is brand new? LordHelmet 8 1,520 01-03-2023, 11:52 PM
Last Post: Brazen
  Any help grateful ! 39m brand new to CPAP RedArt 1 454 01-02-2023, 08:18 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.