Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

3 Oscar Readouts 3 Settings HELP Please!
3 Oscar Readouts 3 Settings HELP Please!
So I've dealt with a lot of daytime fatigue and my doctor stands firm that its not my sleep apnea. I completely forgot I had OSCAR so I just imported my card. I've attached 3 different settings I've tried over the past month to try and get things in line. But from what I'm seeing and what I've been trying to learn on the board, things looks pretty consistent and good. 

I was hoping more trained eyes could give it a look and see if anything stands out to you. If there is any other other data you need please let me know. I'm hoping to learn more and more about OSCAR so I can pay it forward some day. 

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 3 Oscar Readouts 3 Settings HELP Please!
Is anyone able to help with these readouts? To me, they look pretty similar with no major red flags but hoping someone with more knowledge with OSCAR can chime in.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's a toss-up.  How do your feel?  Which one feels better to you?

The pattern in the flow rate and the snores looks slightly better in the 12.5-16 fixed chart 
If this were me I would go with Auto but change the min EPAP to 12 because of the better snore management that occurred at EPAP 12.5.

Seriously this really depends of how you feel!
Post Reply Post Reply
Your graphs look pretty good to me. Maybe someone else will see something that's causing your daytime fatigue. But I'd have to agree with your doctor that's it's not due to your apnea.

Fatigue can be caused from so many reasons other than sleep apnea. You may want to examine your sleep hygiene to see if something can be changed. Also, look at any medications you might be taking that could be the culprit.

If all else fails, schedule a complete physical with your regular doctor. Get some blood work done. That will tell alot.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the input, guess I have to give in and agree that the BiPap is doing its job and its time to look elsewhere!
Post Reply Post Reply
Can I see your flow rate fully expanded at the CA flags?
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-19-2020, 09:38 AM)milboltnut Wrote: Can I see your flow rate fully expanded at the CA flags?

Not quite sure how to accomplish this, sorry
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Bilevel user help with settings (oscar attached) opo218 6 122 Yesterday, 02:56 PM
Last Post: opo218
Question [Treatment] help with oscar and CPAP settings SeanOZ 3 259 03-05-2024, 05:11 AM
Last Post: SeanOZ
  Advice Needed With Settings and Deciphering OSCAR Data WhatIsRemSleep 16 989 02-12-2024, 01:04 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 432 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Help with reading OSCAR and adjusting settings deirdrepen 2 258 01-24-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: deirdrepen
  Please help me adjust settings from OSCAR to CPAP deirdrepen 2 314 01-14-2024, 11:18 AM
Last Post: deirdrepen
  Help interpret OSCAR for best pressure settings 444zane3 3 433 01-11-2024, 01:08 AM
Last Post: Expat31

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.