Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] In home test vs sleep study
RE: In home test vs sleep study
It has been a few weeks and I'm gradually adjusting but I think I need to either change my mask or find a liner or something because I'm having trouble with leaks. I woke up this morning to air blowing at my eyes or the mask making raspberries on my cheeks.

I adjusted and re-adjusted all I could stand at 2am and finally took it off. It seems to be fine while I'm on my back but I am a side sleeper and when I try to do that it leaks.

I changed my profile, but I bought a Resmed S9 Autoset for her with heated humidifier and an Airfit 10 full face mask. The prescription was for 4-20 and I tried it but felt like I was suffocating so I increased the pressure and turned on the EPR.

I went with the full face mask because I have terrible allergies and my nose is stuffy 95% of the time and I can't take Afrin all the time. Wink I'm on three anti-histamines, decongestant, and am doing saline nasal spray at bedtime.

So far, it's going ok. I don't feel rested yet but I'm not expecting it because I can't make it with the mask a full night yet.

Here's a sleepyhead chart from last night.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: In home test vs sleep study
(05-13-2016, 08:51 AM)tootired2 Wrote: It has been a few weeks and I'm gradually adjusting but I think I need to either change my mask or find a liner or something because I'm having trouble with leaks. I woke up this morning to air blowing at my eyes or the mask making raspberries on my cheeks.

I adjusted and re-adjusted all I could stand at 2am and finally took it off. It seems to be fine while I'm on my back but I am a side sleeper and when I try to do that it leaks.

I changed my profile, but I bought a Resmed S9 Autoset for her with heated humidifier and an Airfit 10 full face mask. The prescription was for 4-20 and I tried it but felt like I was suffocating so I increased the pressure and turned on the EPR.

I went with the full face mask because I have terrible allergies and my nose is stuffy 95% of the time and I can't take Afrin all the time. Wink I'm on three anti-histamines, decongestant, and am doing saline nasal spray at bedtime.

So far, it's going ok. I don't feel rested yet but I'm not expecting it because I can't make it with the mask a full night yet.

Here's a sleepyhead chart from last night.

Hi tootired2, so sorry about your struggle, do you have time during wake hours to try adjustments, like when watching TV? ...There are many ideas that will come forward to your questions/concerns... keep vigilant there IS an answer to your dilemma
I enjoy being with a group who like to share their "Hosehead" experiences, to remind me I am not alone.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question INTUS Sleep results, mild sleep apnea or UARS? Chimken 1 69 Yesterday, 02:03 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Diagnosis] Got sleep study results and I am quite fustrated ewarner64 10 229 Yesterday, 01:16 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  My sleep study (starting out) sabletaurus 5 191 04-16-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  First night with new Bipap after sleep study and 37 AHI mostly CA PandaZA 87 1,488 04-13-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: PandaZA
  Test results Kmzizzle 18 1,579 04-12-2024, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Diagnosis] Second opinion on study is needed please Abdulfakih 17 400 04-04-2024, 08:42 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Do I not need a CPAP anymore? In-Lab Study Results brehski 6 241 04-03-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.