Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help, DME is asking why I enabled Auto when I was prescribed a set pressure
RE: Help, DME is asking why I enabled Auto when I was prescribed a set pressure
(05-05-2016, 06:30 PM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: You almost got me to trashing Resmed again over their un-disableable-unless-you-want-to-tear-the-machine-open-big-brother-spy-on-you and why I no longer think they're all that good rant, but I won't.

your ongoing hatred towards resmed helps noone.

as far as I know, nobody's even posted how to disable the cell modem in the dreamstation.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-05-2016, 06:30 PM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: Rather than school him on the legality of carrying keys or even cuffs onboard, I just stood straight up and in a loud tone, but less than shouting, I said "IT IS A HANDCUFF KEY. I CARRY IT BECAUSE I MAY NEED IT. IT IS A SEXUAL THING!" He dropped my keyring and I made my flight.

and now my screen needs a good cleaning! thanks, omymy Bigwink
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
I wouldn't put your machine in airplane mode for too long as that is how it's firmware will be updated when the time comes. They don't notify you to my knowledge, they just push through an update.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-05-2016, 06:30 PM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: You almost got me to trashing Resmed again over their un-disableable-unless-you-want-to-tear-the-machine-open-big-brother-spy-on-you and why I no longer think they're all that good rant, but I won't.

Or you could remain calm and just put it in Airplane mode...
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi cotrik2001,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-05-2016, 06:44 PM)palerider Wrote: as far as I know, nobody's even posted how to disable the cell modem in the dreamstation.

You can simply unplug the DreamStation modem. Here's a youtube on how to install it. Should make it clear how to uninstall it.

Here is a thread on how to disable the A10 modem semi-permanently by opening the case.

Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Since you have only been using your machine for "about 2 months", I suspect you are still under compliance monitoring. This is especially true if you have not had your face-to-face and doctor's evaluation required by most insurance in the first 90 days. You may also be on a rental period specified by your insurance. The monitoring will probably stop once you have completed the compliance and purchase requirements.

If you want to dial up some different settings and use the auto mode, I would just tell the tech what you're doing. If it makes you feel better get the blessing of your doctor.

EDIT: Re-read the first post and see you had the doctor follow-up. I'd ask the DME how long they plan to monitor, and why. I don't think they can do anything if you change your pressure to try out different pressures.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-05-2016, 08:31 PM)archangle Wrote:
(05-05-2016, 06:44 PM)palerider Wrote: as far as I know, nobody's even posted how to disable the cell modem in the dreamstation.

You can simply unplug the DreamStation modem. Here's a youtube on how to install it. Should make it clear how to uninstall it.

ah, my bad, I'd gotten the impression it was built in... thanks for the info.
Post Reply Post Reply
This discussion is making me remember my difficulties in the beginning. Maybe not all, but many sleep doctors throw a number in the RX that is plenty high enough to force air into you when having an event. The big problem for me was, the high pressure made it difficult to exhale. I felt like i was suffocating all the time.

I went to the sleep doctor but they had no suggestions. My DME was more help than the doctor. My first suggestion is to ask/beg your doctor to give you an RX that allows the variable pressure. You may have to be persistent but just tell them the constant pressure makes you feel like you are suffocating. It pisse$ me off that many of the sleep doctors don't seem to understand that more pressure is not always the answer.

OK, when you have the variable pressure, the machine drops the pressure down to a comfortable level when you are breathing well. When you are have breathing events, it will jack it up trying to resolve the problem, then goes back down.

My RX is 5-15. My pressure never goes to 15. It undulates with the 95% pressure around 7-9. I can live with that. I was about to quit cpap before the RX change. Seems that the doctors should be more willing to work with us. If we quit, then everything was in vain.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep, it makes my angry too. My SleepDoc/Pulmonologist originally perscribed a straight pressure of
12 although titrated at 9.

I had to ask him to write a script for a range or the DME wouldn't do anything about it. He then wrote a script for 4-20 (wide open). Note: I hadn't found this forum yet, so didn't know any better.

I put up with that for a few weeks, when finding this forum and started to narrow my pressure range myself. Before long, I was seeing AHI readings go from 10 to under 1.

When I went for my 90 day follow up appt with the good doctor, I brought SH printouts with me to show him how I started to narrow my pressure range, and how my AHI numbers started to drop.

He just shrugged, and said it was unheard of, and most of his patients never see numbers under 10. Oh-jeez

I don't see how these "trained" sleep docs cannot take the time to be more helpful.

Now I own my machine, but realize I still need a sleep doc in case I need something different along the way, so don't want to cut ties with him. Once a year is enough.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 403 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 583 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,639 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Got Bipap instead of prescribed ResMed Autoset machine. Please help me get going. marvin2023 2 548 10-10-2023, 07:26 PM
Last Post: marvin2023
  Dry mouth with Resmed 11 auto, not with S9 auto? pumpkln 3 596 09-13-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 922 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Breas Z2 Auto Portable Auto-CPAP Machine Package kbingel 9 2,999 08-18-2023, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Txgeodigger

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.