Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Respironics auto C A-flex to Resmed Airsense 10
Respironics auto C A-flex to Resmed Airsense 10
I just got the Resmed Airsense 10. I downloaded the software from your site thankfully (their idea of info is riduculous ... using it for more than 7 hrs gets you smiley faces)

My problem .... is that I now see way higher pressures of 10.5 and 11 on the new Airsense and it looks like it is being kept there most of the night. So I went back to my Respironics M-series auto A-Flex to see if things had changed there. It shows me at 4.5 and peak of 7 for pressure and not continuously but here and there during the night. So whats with the big discrepancies? Am I doing more harm using the new machine? I'd hate to create a dependency for higher pressures. Can anyone give me any advice here?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Respironics auto C A-flex to Resmed Airsense 10
Which do you have the best AHI with?? My friend had an Mseries for several years but finally it simply wouldnt push the pressure he needed. Basically it wore out. Still ran but weak.

I dont think from anything ive read that you develope high pressure dependency unless something changes with you physically to require a higher pressure. Could be the old M just wont push the pressure you really need.

Different maskes tend to run different pressures at least on me. A nasal runs very low with very good numbers. A full face invariably runs to a higher pressure at least part of the time to get the same AHI most nights.
Post Reply Post Reply
will do some more testing changing variables ..... AHI remain low with both but I am using nasal pillows and the old machine doesn't have any setting for different mask types.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-04-2014, 12:03 AM)Lali808 Wrote: I just got the Resmed Airsense 10. I downloaded the software from your site thankfully (their idea of info is riduculous ... using it for more than 7 hrs gets you smiley faces)

My problem .... is that I now see way higher pressures of 10.5 and 11 on the new Airsense and it looks like it is being kept there most of the night. So I went back to my Respironics M-series auto A-Flex to see if things had changed there. It shows me at 4.5 and peak of 7 for pressure and not continuously but here and there during the night. So whats with the big discrepancies? Am I doing more harm using the new machine? I'd hate to create a dependency for higher pressures. Can anyone give me any advice here?

The smiley face tells you at a glance that your leak rate was good during the night, something to smile at ...
70th percentile leak is less than 24 L/min. Scroll down the "Sleep report", you'll see AHI, AI, pressure, and leak

Your experience with AirSense 10 AutoSet is similar to mine. My data shows the A10 aggressively increase pressure in response to flow limitation and by doing that, pressure can reach the maximum at no time and stay there for most of the time. My other machine S9 AutoSet do not increase pressure at such rate and 95th percentile pressure about 2/3 cmh2o below A10 95th pressure. I stopped using the A10 for a while and now using it again but modified the range a little, was 9-15 on the S9 but fixed to 10-13 on the A10. My leak rate is alright below 10 L/m and AHI below 0.5 so I,m not worried about a bit of flow limitation, here and there, also tried fixed 10 as well but prefer the auto range

There is always compromise in any titration and what we trying to achieve, I like to get a good night sleep with less disturbance as possible

The things do not like about the A10 ... dim lights and the fixed temp setting on climate control auto mode

The things I like about the A10, being extremely quiet and something else I cannot put my finger on it, I like the way it works with my breathing pattern which seem is more natural to me than the S9

If you have not asked for the clinical manual yet, its available via email and good idea to ask for it ... scroll to section three
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

Software download link http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-P...-and-Links

Welcome
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Lali808,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
Enjoy your new machine and best of luck to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 25 474 3 hours ago
Last Post: Old Steve
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,826 8 hours ago
Last Post: her.suit
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,067 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 620 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,619 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,809 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 229 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.