Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help ! Feel like im going backwards and bad sleep is returning
RE: Help ! Feel like im going backwards and bad sleep is returning
No not more congested or big weather change.

Why would i suddenly be breathing out my mouth for 30 minutes? I never breath out of my mouth outside of strenuous activity like sprinting.

It just feels so bad to go from feeling so good with therapy to having that all striped away and set back to square one
Post Reply Post Reply
I see another issue as well, your pressure set isn't going to allow EPR to be fully functional. To run EPR 3, you'll need a minimum pressure of 7. Mathematically it's just not going to allow full EPR function as is. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with your current issue.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Why would it let you turn on epr if it needs 7 ?
Post Reply Post Reply
It's a setting and there's not a programmed block to prevent you from the setup you have. As is, minus the EPR 3, you're running pressures nearly default. 4-20 is default and yours is 5-20.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
EPR is exhale pressure relief. What it does is reduce the min pressure on exhale. The settings are 1, 2 or 3.

So if your min is 7 and EPR 3, your exhale pressure is 4. But 4 is the lowest any pap machine can go so if your min is 5 the exhale pressure would still be 4.

EPR does 2 things. First it makes it easier to exhale and 2 - it helps control H events and flow limits. Your charts do not show flow limits. Take a look at that chart (flow limits)

Flow limits are apnea also just smaller. They can stop you from getting into deep sleep or even cause you to wake up.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
So why would all this all of Sudden be happening!? I didn't change anything I was getting great therapy now I feel like garbage again in the morning?
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-16-2021, 10:41 AM)tierdal Wrote: So why would all this all of Sudden be happening!? I didn't change anything I was getting great therapy now I feel like garbage again in the morning?

This happened to me in April, all hell seemed to let loose after almost 2years of CPAP. my sleep clinic were rubbish but these guys have sorted me out, hang in there xx
Post Reply Post Reply
So I turn it up to 7 min and then what? when I turned it to 7 beofre it seemed like it was causing massive leaks.

I am relaly at a loss here and dont want to go back to what it was like before i just want good sleep again =/
Post Reply Post Reply
I would ask you more simple questions. What has changed? I dont mean in the machine. I mean everything else. Caffeine intake, Bed time, weight gain, sickness, allergies, change in job, and on... You seem very stressed in your posts. Other than OSA what is stressing you out?

I was going bad a while back and it was my Soda intake. I had been drinking a lot more sugary caffeinated sodas. I even put on weight because of it. I nixed all of that and a few days later started to get better again.

Look outside the machine too.
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
What we are pretty sure of is that something changed. It could be something like the mask and hose parts are not tightly sealed. A mouth leak or breathing is fairly constant or steady and could account for this.

We will get you back on track.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 5 229 5 hours ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 93 03-27-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  CPAP making me feel very tense while I'm asleep jlpool 15 836 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: jlpool
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 330 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 166 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,020 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] First PAP usage (BiPAP) for treating UARS + Maybe OSA - Feel like hyperventilating? OneShleepyBoi 21 906 03-02-2024, 06:35 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.