Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help ! Feel like im going backwards and bad sleep is returning
RE: Help ! Feel like im going backwards and bad sleep is returning
I changed to 7, there's on my last night's post. Epr is the reamed thing that lowers on exhale right?

How do I feel better sleep? I'm getting mixed feedback here the one guy said it looks real bad other guy says I'm getting good treatment? I just want to be able to wake up and feel good in the morning.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not speaking for anybody else but am trying to put the answers together to make sense of it. Gideon mentioned certain parts of your chart that looked bad, I think it involved flow limits. These flow limits tell us your combination of pressure versus mask leaks isn't treating you successfully as some restriction is returning.

Others like Opal Rose said what appears as an overall view of data, that things look good. This is just meaning that high level on the surface, things aren't looking drastically bad. This may not include details like flow limits with activity or leak rates which are increasing.

Both views can be correct as they look at different info and comment. My opinion is similar. On the surface it looks OK, but details like flow limits and leaks make it look like there's work to be done to make it better. I've no evidence to directly support my info, but I'm thinking that several things went bad. Leaks and mask issues lost you some effectiveness at therapy, and flow limits went up, but you didn't notice until job stress increased.

So my first thing to suggest fixing is the mask which impacts the leaks. Something isn't working correct with the mask. Either it doesn't fit right, meaning wrong sized, or it's not adjusted correctly. It also could mean this model of mask really isn't right for you. But it could be when you changed cushions, it didn't snap back into place correct. Simply check your mask very close to see if it's put together right, check fit to see if it's accurate, and make sure you're adjusting it properly. If all those actions still do not fix this, consider starting over with another mask brand or model. And do your best to think on this rationally. You're stressed and letting that control you. Deep breaths for a 10 count and review the mask fit and assembly.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Actually I mentioned the low AHI, which looks well treated, but I also went into detail about Flow Limitations and how that affects your sleep.

Summary: we are agreeing with each other.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
What mask should I try? That's thousands of them. I tried a full face mask and it was worse results.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you ask 20 people what mask they use, there would be 15 different answers.

Nose breather
ResMed p10, P30i,P30i dreamwear pillows, cradle.

Full face ResMed F30, F30i

You said there are so many it is hard to decide. If you look on this site there are a to. Of product reviews. Take some time and look at them.

There are companies that will allow you to return one if it does not work (insurance)
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
This is what I'm using is it not good?:Fisher & Paykel Evora CPAP Nasal Mask
Post Reply Post Reply
You still have a min of 5.  Again, to have the EPR to work you need a min 7.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
It's not whether the mask is good, but it's rather a matter of if that mask is good for you personally. I'm not certain but I think there were some mouth and mask leakage, either can be disruptive and reduce therapy effectiveness. Because I mouth breathe a lot, I use a full face Fisher and Paykel Vitera, but mask choice is what works best for you.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-18-2021, 11:10 AM)staceyburke Wrote: You still have a min of 5.  Again, to have the EPR to work you need a min 7.

Why do you keep saying this? Clearly all my recent charts have min 7....
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 7 454 04-10-2024, 08:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 180 03-27-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  CPAP making me feel very tense while I'm asleep jlpool 15 937 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: jlpool
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 389 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 217 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,097 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] First PAP usage (BiPAP) for treating UARS + Maybe OSA - Feel like hyperventilating? OneShleepyBoi 21 1,013 03-02-2024, 06:35 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.