Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help ! Feel like im going backwards and bad sleep is returning
RE: Help ! Feel like im going backwards and bad sleep is returning
Work has me stressed and just generalized anxiety. I thought the PAP therapy had gotten me over this but it seems to be coming back and all my therapy seems to be going to sh*t. 

Nothing much else has changed.
Post Reply Post Reply
Did you check your flow limit chart?
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
what is that? how do i check it? what does it mean? i wish i had a doctor that gave 2 craps
Post Reply Post Reply
Flow Limit is a graph line on OSCAR that is made up of data from your PAP. Flow limits are the beginnings of Hypopnea or Apnea.

The last chart I saw on this thread had flow limits with some actives areas, but wasn't seriously bad. 95% FL was 0.03 and Max was 0.20. FL is shown on a scale of 0.00 to 1.00, with higher numbers representing more limits.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Heres another night - didn't wake up refreshed at all snoozed 2 extra hours.

Tried usinga chin strap to see if it was mouth breathing and it looks like different than yesterdays report.

MAn i really thought i had this treated why does it feel like im going backwards

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Okay,
Flow Limits, The first half of the night they look bad. The 95% is just a touch high, but that is for the full night.
correlating with the Flow Limits, which we know are bad, you see a spike in the flow rate, indicating possible arousal. Looking at the second half of the night we see more regular spikes in the flow rate that could be arousals, but without the strong flow limits. If those are in fact arousal that could be a cause for your tit=]redness.

Confirm this via a closer look at the flow rate looking for a fairly smooth regular breathing before the spike followed by irregular uneven breathing indicating awake thus arousal.
Post Reply Post Reply
As stated prior, you seem to be experiencing a lot of anxiety.  I can't help with that, as you will have to examine your lifestyle, what has changed recently, any new medications?  You also mention that your work was stressful.  These life's stresses are easily brought to bed with us, and affect how we sleep.  

Talk to your doctor.  I'm not one to advocate taking medications unless absolutely necessary, but maybe there is something a doctor can help with short term.

With all that said... your graph indicates you are well treated.  Yes, there are some leaks going on.  Looks more like a combination of mask movement and some mouth breathing.  This may be brought on due to the Flow Limitations which tend to increase pressure.  The pressure spikes could cause some discomfort, arousals and mask leaks.

I think narrowing your pressure range may help with the pressure swings.  Keep your minimum at 7 and bring maximum down to 15.  Keep EPR at 3.  This may prove more comfortable and allow you some needed rest.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Another note on leaks, if you say leaks are becoming very high on 7 cmH2O, then something is wrong with your mask, either fit/size, adjustment, or overall choice for you. 7 cmH2O is on the low side of pressure, and if your mask can't handle low pressures, it's one area to address.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't really follow much of any of this? What is CMH20? Somethings wrong with my mask??? What do I do then???

Gideon is saying it looks bad?!? What looks bad? How do I fix it?

Opal is saying I am well treated???

Please can someone boil this downs so I can understand? Is the treatment working? Is it not? Why is all this flow rate stuff?? How do I know my mask isnt working???

I am really trying to understand but this is going over my head.
Post Reply Post Reply
Apnea is your air being cut off. They are classified in my signature. Please take a look at them.

Obstructive, hypopnea, flow limits are ALL apnea. They are classified by how much obstruction and length of time you have the event. (Again see signature for classification)

Most of your apnea looks ok but the flow limits are not treated well. Flow limits can stop you from having deep sleep or wake you up.

Flow limits are treated with EPR. As I wrote before your min of 5 does NOT allow EPR to work. You need at least a min of 7. You stated that 7 is to strong for you. It is really very low compared what most Cpap patients need for therapy.

Again I would suggest
Min 7
EPR3
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 185 Yesterday, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Abhi
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 87 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  CPAP making me feel very tense while I'm asleep jlpool 15 828 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: jlpool
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 325 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 162 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,013 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] First PAP usage (BiPAP) for treating UARS + Maybe OSA - Feel like hyperventilating? OneShleepyBoi 21 895 03-02-2024, 06:35 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.