Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help Finding A Machine, No Insurance
RE: Help Finding A Machine, No Insurance
Had a little more time this morning to check locally on my CL search (within 65 miles of me). There's a used 5x Auto Dreamstation at $375, has 3 masks, tubing and some added supplies. A used 20 hours Airsense 10 for $300. And there are at least 10 PRS System Ones in various flavors from 560 to 760 at $150-$300. I was surprised to see the Dreamstation, as they seem harder to find than the Airsense.

I don't know where you live but check the larger cities first is the best advice I can give you. The major challenge is searching for them as people are fond of listing them with little information. For example "cpap machine for sale" is how you find the best possible deal on a Dreamstation or Airsense as those posters have no idea of the value or just plain don't care.

I have an Android phone with an app called cPRO, it allows me to search multiple places simultaneously, with an advanced search feature, and the ability to auto notify me of any new posts within a specified time range. My search criteria which reads cpap|apnea|bipap|"bi pap"|respironics|resmed|s9|cflex|aflex|apap|bi-pap|dreamstation|"dream station"|airsense|"air sense" attempts to capture all the possible iterations people might use to post these units, and then I just quickly scroll through the pictures, which makes it obvious which I might take a second look at.

The Airsense, and Dreamstation are easy to spot as they look significantly different. The PRS System One 50/60 are a bit of a challenge as they all look virtually identical and most posters are unaware of the differences of the model numbers and rarely list or post that so it requires a message asking for the model numbers. A Flex, C Flex and Bi Flex can sometimes be spotted in the pictures and every now and again people take good enough pictures to read the model on the bottom. Otherwise a few quick emails and you should know whether you found a winner or have to move on. I sifted through a lot of 560 before I got to my 760 but it's easier now than it was 2 years ago.

Hope that helps you out, best of luck.

(11-14-2016, 10:18 AM)SJGino Wrote: Again, thank you all for your responses and help. I'm gonna consider going with the PR series one auto bipap, and check around craigslist. The only issue is i have a credit card that i am using and no cash, so at the moment i am leaning on supplier 2 for the series one DS760, it has the option to get the humidifier as well as the heated tubing. I will probably do a last few hours of research and make my purchase today and let everyone know when i get it and how its working out.

With so many people on CL taking PayPal / Square / Pay Anywhere etc. now your CC issue may not be an issue. Also a CC Cash Advance is well worth the few hundred dollar savings. Just food for thought.

I can tell you from being similar to your pressures and the information you listed that the 760P is a good choice and serves me well.

If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
With regard to the humidifier. You definitely want it given the pressures you are using. The humidifier does not add much cost, and the 60 series heated hose adapter which includes a higher voltage AC adapter and humidifier lid with the heated hose connections, can be obtained later at a cost of $75.

The machine you are looking at on SecondwindCPAP is $619 and only $70 to add the heated humidifier ($689). The humidifier cost is about 1/2 price, but the add-on heated hose is nearly full price, so I would defer that.

Like Galactus, I got my DS760HS off Craigslist for $300, and later added the heated hose option. If you go the Craigslist route, be sure to screen sellers to know if there is a smoker in the household. Cigarette smoke odor is hard to remove, but it can be done. At least with Supplier #2 you know what you're getting and it comes with support and warranty.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-14-2016, 11:51 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: With regard to the humidifier. You definitely want it given the pressures you are using. The humidifier does not add much cost, and the 60 series heated hose adapter which includes a higher voltage AC adapter and humidifier lid with the heated hose connections, can be obtained later at a cost of $75.

The machine you are looking at on SecondwindCPAP is $619 and only $70 to add the heated humidifier ($689). The humidifier cost is about 1/2 price, but the add-on heated hose is nearly full price, so I would defer that.

Like Galactus, I got my DS760HS off Craigslist for $300, and later added the heated hose option. If you go the Craigslist route, be sure to screen sellers to know if there is a smoker in the household. Cigarette smoke odor is hard to remove, but it can be done. At least with secondwindcpap, you know what you're getting and it comes with support and warranty.

Thank you all, with this new information from sleeprider and Galactus. i am going to make my purchase using secondwindcpap since they have the DS760 and humidifier. Also because instead of CS i would like to purchase my first machine with warranty and support. One more question, when i order the series 60 from them, which option do i add to get the complete machine with humidifier? the heated hose conversion option or the humidifier option since both are 70?
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-14-2016, 02:01 PM)SJGino Wrote: Thank you all, with this new information from sleeprider and Galactus. i am going to make my purchase using secondwindcpap since they have the DS760 and humidifier. Also because instead of CS i would like to purchase my first machine with warranty and support. One more question, when i order the series 60 from them, which option do i add to get the complete machine with humidifier? the heated hose conversion option or the humidifier option since both are 70?
I would ask Supplier #2 that question. I believe they have on-line chat help during ordinary business hours.

Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply
Supplier #2 lets you put the machine in your cart, and the humidifier can also be aded. The heated hose conversion kit is $70. but as we said, you can add that later. They are pretty easy to talk to, and I think making contact will make you feel better about the purchase. I think they ship the machine with a standard CPAP hose, but check to be sure. They are not expensive. You should have everything before the end of the week.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Perfect, ok guys, thank you so much. I called supplier 2 and they were extremely helpful even mention sleepyhead. I got the DS760 with humidifier. And even with next day air it still came out less expensive anywhere else i found. I feel super excited about this purchase and am thrilled to maybe finally getting a good night sleep. for once. I called my sleep lab and made an apt to set my machine up and get fitted with a mask so i'm very excited. I remember i couldn't wait to party all night on fridays and my weekends. Now i'm excited to get a good night sleep to start my weekends. Time has change from 20-30. hahah i feel old. Thank you everyone for the help and i will update on the right forum when i get situated and test it out a few nights. About to download sleepyhead.
Post Reply Post Reply
You are getting a very good machine, with few, if any compromise compared to the Dreamstation, and saving a lot of money. Good luck in getting started, and looking forward to your continued participation here.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Just an FYI - if money is an issue, the system 1 (560 series) has the same algorithm as the Dreamstation. It has simply been redesigned. The humidifier is easier to remove and fill for someone who has mobility problems or very thick fingers. You can get some great deals on 560 bipaps right now both new and used. Also check [link removed] Supplier #2. I highly recommend getting the humidifier with heated hose right off the bat (has a different electronic brick). Maybe you will find that you don't need it later, but it costs more to get it later if you do.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-14-2016, 03:55 PM)Mosquitobait Wrote: Just an FYI - if money is an issue, the system 1 (560 series) has the same algorithm as the Dreamstation. It has simply been redesigned. The humidifier is easier to remove and fill for someone who has mobility problems or very thick fingers. You can get some great deals on 560 bipaps right now both new and used. Also check [link removed] Supplier #2. I highly recommend getting the humidifier with heated hose right off the bat (has a different electronic brick). Maybe you will find that you don't need it later, but it costs more to get it later if you do.

Except the 560 is an auto CPAP not a BiPAP.

Sorry about that link thing. I used to be a link fugitive too. Dont-know
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-14-2016, 06:28 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(11-14-2016, 03:55 PM)Mosquitobait Wrote: Just an FYI - if money is an issue, the system 1 (560 series) has the same algorithm as the Dreamstation. It has simply been redesigned. The humidifier is easier to remove and fill for someone who has mobility problems or very thick fingers. You can get some great deals on 560 bipaps right now both new and used. Also check [link removed] Supplier #2. I highly recommend getting the humidifier with heated hose right off the bat (has a different electronic brick). Maybe you will find that you don't need it later, but it costs more to get it later if you do.

Except the 560 is an auto CPAP not a BiPAP.

Sorry about that link thing. I used to be a link fugitive too. Dont-know

Thank you ,

yes made my purchase already and it should be here by thursday so i'm looking forward to actually using it. but thank you for your feedback
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 5,518 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Finding right mask- 1 week in GOIRISH65 3 222 03-02-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  Changing CPAP Machine & DME/Insurance & Supplies StratCat48 3 274 02-10-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Anyone Ever Had Insurance Cover Nightly Oximeter cmpman1974 35 2,862 12-12-2023, 04:11 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974
  Insurance Compliance and Changing My Own Pressure Brennie 3 431 11-27-2023, 10:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Wink CPAP machine and supplies? Insurance or not? Fatheaded 13 1,575 11-26-2023, 05:50 PM
Last Post: RedNailz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.