Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help Getting AHI Lower
RE: Help Getting AHI Lower
So last night I changed my pressure to eleven. The results were pretty darn good. I am still pretty tired, so I hope some consistent low event nights will help.
Thank you everyone for your help!

https://i.imgur.com/kw2mvT5.png
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks good. Good Job!
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
This is a great result. While minimum pressure was the final tune-up I think it is the EPR that made it comfortable and really took out a lot of ugly events. This is the second thread I have seen tonight with these same results, and that is why I'm such a believer in the Resmed EPR as an actual therapeutic tool. (the other thread is here: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid244926 ).

Congrats on the much improved results. Let these settings work for you for a while. If the OA events continue, increase minimum pressure in .4 cm increments and they should decrease. At least now the results are simplified and the pressure should feel much more comfortable.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good Morning.  A little help please!  The past week or so my numbers have crept up a little.  Last night was bad (not necessarily the AHI), but what the hell did I do around 2:00 am?  Is this the positional thing that I have heard so many of you talk about?  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  

[attachment=4993]
[attachment=4994]
Post Reply Post Reply
Olywa, be sure to minimize the monthly calendar by clicking the triangle in the date line.

I think your event cluster was mainly positional. Otherwise, your settings were effective and pressure would not have prevented that event cluster. I'll suggest a maximum pressure of 15 in place of your current 17, and watch out for chin-tucking (consider the use of ergonomic pillow or cervical collar).
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oops sorry.  I remembered the pie chart and forgot the calendar.   I will change the pressure and look into a collar.  I know sometimes when I am laying there I feel my chin tucking a bit.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree it was positional. I wouldn't run out and buy a Cervical collar if this was a one time event. However if it becomes a pattern than by all means go buy one.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 268 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  How can I lower my AHI? jstro84 26 2,439 01-13-2024, 12:13 PM
Last Post: jstro84
  Advise requested: Should I LOWER my pressure? Aknakon 21 1,118 12-22-2023, 08:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Can I lower the pressure? GaspForAir 11 905 12-11-2023, 08:31 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Idea [CPAP] Lower AHI on firmer mattresses? Jeads95 9 608 10-26-2023, 01:58 AM
Last Post: ivorpetkov
  [Treatment] AHI lower than ever, still struggling in my late 20s davigalindo 31 2,333 10-18-2023, 10:25 AM
Last Post: davigalindo
  Raise Lower pressure setting crmarks4 10 923 10-09-2023, 09:45 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.