Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

which resmed s9 do I have?
RE: which resmed s9 do I have?
(05-29-2014, 10:59 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: The name on the front is what it is. To say otherwise would be misleading. It is possible the European models have to do with power connections or voltage requirements.

But you have reminded us that there are other models such as the VPAP, VPAP-S, VPAP-ST, etc. But that will be what is on the front by the on/off button.

except that the vpap adapt has multiple models, that all say vpap adapt Smile

possibly others.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-29-2014, 09:58 PM)diamaunt Wrote: 36002 S9 APAP/CPAP Escape Auto (No data)
S9 Escape Auto is APAP, not AutoSet (two different algorthim)
Report AHI but nothing else, no central apnea detection or leak or detailed data

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-29-2014, 08:43 PM)zonk Wrote:
(05-29-2014, 08:10 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Here's a picture that may help you identify which S9 CPAP you have:

[Image: s9-autoset-models.jpg]
I like this picture, I,ll be steal it from now on Coffee

I had to steal that photo as well. I put up the S9 Escape for sale online and was inundated with emails asking me if I still had it................each time I answered, I either did not get a response or if I did it was the person saying they were sorry but they had since realized mine was not the Auto Set.

Tons of people out there dont know what they are looking for......I have had to edit and put in the subject line that this is NOT the auto set in order to get rid of all the people writing..........i wouldnt even mind if they wrote just to ask me some questions about something else but I really hate it when I go into detail to give them help knowing that its the auto set they are looking for and they cant even take the time out to respond.
Its always annoyed me in forums as well when people will join, make one post, everyone answers them and they never come back to let anyone know what they did..........after tons of people taking out the time to answer them :grin:

Not one of the people wrote back to me but one........so by writing it right in the subject line, I am not any longer getting asked questions about it.
Someone will come along that for one reason or another will either want an Escape as a cottage machine so they needn't pack up their auto set or they cant afford much so the escape will do them until they can buy an auto set and so on...one hopes :grin:
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-29-2014, 07:47 PM)ShelaghDB Wrote:
(05-29-2014, 06:53 PM)Canadian_Jesus Wrote: According to a quick google search, your Ref # means that you have an S9 Autoset. To the best of my knowledge (which I am gaining fairly quickly on this board) there are a few different S9 models out there. Myself, I have the elite. The autoset and the elite both have data recording capabilities which you can read via a card reader and software designed for reading CPAP data. I find that SleepyHead is a very user friendly platform for analyzing CPAP data.

I apologize if I have already asked this of you but I notice you are Canadian.
Is it safe to assume you have to buy your own S9 Elite?

You weren't prescribed it were you?

I have a brother-in-law that has Sleep Apnea, who by the way doesn't have ONE inch of fat on him at 55 years of age.
This guy has ripples on his ripples on his stomach.
He works out about 3 hours every day.
Which puts to rest the idea that one must be overweight to have SA.

Anyhow, in his case he was prescribed the Elite with his insurance paying most of it and he had to pay, I think it was 25% of it himself.

My health plan at the moment pays 100% so I see there wasn't any way they were giving me a auto set or elite

I was given the Escape Thumbs-down-1

This is in response to ShelaghDB's post on page 1. My experience (also a Canadian in Ontario) was that my doc suggested a certain machine, but the supplier told me I could choose whatever I wanted. I chose the S9 Elite, and ADP (Assistive Devices Program) covered 75% of the cost, and my insurance covered (almost) the remaining 25%. I'm a little surprised to hear that your supplier didn't go to ADP first.

I assume the Escape is a lot cheaper, but even so, that doesn't seem right.

Stay Calm, Be Brave, Wait for the Signs
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.