Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help!! I need my CPAP
Help!! I need my CPAP
Hi Everyone, More than 6 years ago I tried a CPAP and didn't like it. I had the surgery and all was well until now. I need to start using a CPAP. My sleep apnea is bad again. I have a CPAP with a nasal mask but have no idea what to make the settings or how to use it.

Please help me so I can keep my wife happy and start using the CPAP
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help!! I need my CPAP
(03-13-2015, 10:29 AM)shurley4954 Wrote: Hi Everyone, More than 6 years ago I tried a CPAP and didn't like it. I had the surgery and all was well until now. I need to start using a CPAP. My sleep apnea is bad again. I have a CPAP with a nasal mask but have no idea what to make the settings or how to use it.

Welcome, shurley. The first thing everyone will say to you is: In order to help you, we need to know the make and model of your machine and mask.

Click on "My Profile" in the upper right corner under date and time and try to enter as much info as possible.

Then hang tight, members will help you.

Regards
Suedanem
Post Reply Post Reply
Why do you feel you need to start using cpap? When you say your sleep apnea is bad again, what are you basing that on? Where you should start, if you haven't already, is with you doctor. You need to be evaluated either at a sleep clinic or with a home test unit. Then you need a new machine specific to your needs. Finally, you must realize that "trying cpap" is not an option. You must commit yourself to the therapy and do whatever it takes to make it work for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi shurley4954,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post. You might let us know which machine you have.
Much success to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, Start with a sleep evaluation, would help take the guess work out of it.
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-13-2015, 10:29 AM)shurley4954 Wrote: Hi Everyone, More than 6 years ago I tried a CPAP and didn't like it. I had the surgery and all was well until now. I need to start using a CPAP. My sleep apnea is bad again. I have a CPAP with a nasal mask but have no idea what to make the settings or how to use it.

Hi shurley4954,
So you must have had a sleep test at some point to have a CPAP, but that looks like it was 6 years ago, so I have to chime in with others here, and that is that you will pretty much have to start over with a new sleep test. See your doctor! It would be near impossible for anyone here to advise you on settings without a sleep study.
May I ask what surgery you are talking about? Was it a surgery that you thought might cure your apnea?
OpalRose
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have to agree with the others on the starting with your doc advice.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.