Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cpap Mask leaving forhead marks
Cpap Mask leaving forhead marks
I have major forehead marks from my cpap mask Resmed Quattro Air (medium). I'm new to cpap treatment. these marks don't go away and I also have much more acne and bumps because of this. I know its too tight but I tried loosing it a lot and air would leak into my eye all night. And then the next day I'd have a crazy eyelid twitch in my eye which lasted for weeks due to irritation. Like my eye needed to close it kept twitching upper eyelid trying to close my eye during the day. it was really intense and very difficult for me to deal with.

Is there a better full face mask that doesn't have the forehead mark problems? that has a full seal without having to be so tight. I need helps please.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cpap Mask leaving forhead marks
Welcome to the forum davodeu,
Hang tight, there are folk here that use that same mask and can advise.

It sounds as though it may be too tight if it leaves marks on your forehead. Have you tried mask liners? That may help with the breakouts.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Some companies make a pad for this part of the frame. Google Padacheek for an example. That would cheaper than a new mask if it work for you.

Otherwise, try the F&P Simplus. The forehead part does not touch your skin (unless you make it crazy tight, don't do that). This mask generally gets good reviews. There should be some more information at http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-C...sk-Reviews
Post Reply Post Reply
I have marks too. I have the marks because I have to wear the mask so tight, because my pressure is high.

I also do several things to keep the acne type breakouts down... I clean my mask and face with witch hazel. I make sure the masks is cleaned every night. I bought face cleaning wipes at the dollar store, put them in a plastic container and then poured witch hazel over the wipes. This makes the mask feel more comfortable to me and the cleanliness is just a plus plus in my mind.

but... I still have the marks, first think I do when I get up in the morning is wash my face with cool water... this helps and the marks are usually gone by the time I'm ready for work... that's like 30 minutes to an hour for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi dafodeu,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I had problems with the Quattro Air leaking into my eyes, so I switched to the F&P Sinplus and like it very much.
The mask is the hardest part of this therapy, so don't be shy about asking to try different ones.
Hang in there for more suggestions and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP and struggling with my mask. jmswjunk4 2 74 04-11-2024, 10:21 AM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Cpap Mask Marks on Face and neck newtothis1 3 125 04-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: cdplatt
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 356 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  Cleaning CPAP & AirTouch F20 Mask PoutinePrincess 2 402 02-10-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  New CPAP user - Fine Tuning Settings/Mask Help slowmo2000 0 293 01-31-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: slowmo2000
  New CPAP User - f30i Mask Troubles CcReesezzzzz01 6 904 01-31-2024, 10:55 PM
Last Post: CcReesezzzzz01
  [CPAP] Significant noise from mask since change of CPAP machine! SwissTruffle 7 746 01-03-2024, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.