Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help: Major Leaking
RE: Help: Major Leaking
For all those that didn’t ask... Smile

Tongue Suck Technique:
Place your tongue to the roof of your mouth with tip of tongue behind front teeth.  Slowly suck upwards and back.
This places the tongue in a natural position, with the back of tongue sealing the back of the throat so that if you open your mouth/jaw while sleeping, no air will escape.

Note: This takes time and practice, but well worth it if you can master it.

I’m not a fan of mouth taping, but many are successful doing it. Alternatively, you can try a soft cervical collar which helps to keep the jaw from dropping open at night. Check Amazon, they have many sizes.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Help: Major Leaking
Big Guy, I misspoke.  I said I had replied in your other thread, but it was Misty River's thread where you popped in with a comment...the one about needing encouragement.  My apologies for that mistake.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sudden leaking issue after no problems for a year Mindbullets 10 173 Yesterday, 12:17 PM
Last Post: Clay L
  Mask leaking Barkerk 7 234 02-14-2019, 04:00 PM
Last Post: Haley
  Why do machines not have option to beep, when leaking? MyronH 9 442 10-07-2018, 06:27 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  First post- Leaking from mouth, using chin strap Rgn3 11 651 08-24-2018, 01:21 PM
Last Post: allanri
  air escaping settings [mouth leaking] somnia16 4 457 08-03-2018, 07:32 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Good enough, or seal all leaking orifices? ShaunBlake 22 945 06-16-2018, 04:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  A-Flex causing major problems on DreamStation? dk2011 10 1,388 03-30-2018, 08:38 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.