Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help! My machine quit working.
RE: Help! My machine quit working.
(08-03-2014, 10:03 PM)surferdude2 Wrote: Since the machine's pressure sensor is inside the machine and the pressure we want to subject our face to is downstream considerably, it would seem to follow that the number registered on the machine's LED is arrived at arbitrarily and was arrived at by taking into consideration several pressure drop factors which are affected by flow rate, such as the line length and the mask type. That's borne out by the fact that you must use a different setting on the machine when you change mask types.

Except for the amount being arbitrary, what you say is correct for ResMed S9 machines. With PRS1 you dial the amount in by selecting the System One Resistance. These are small pressure adjustments on the order of less than 1 cm H2O.

They don't matter much for the crude bathtub manometer measurement.

What does matter, though, is the IPAP pressure if you have a bi-level machine like Kate does. The bathtub manometer will measure only the EPAP pressure, not the higher IPAP pressure because no one's inhaling!
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Except her profile says that she has a bilevel SV Adapt unless that is an error.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello All,

Let's see, so many things to answer.

The my machine that broke in the first place is Resmed model number 36006A. Above the button, it says auto VPAP. I have used the same type mask for almost a year. No leak in the tubing, filter changed two days before I first sent email about this. No blockage in anything that I can see into. The machine just fails the manometer test that was suggested earlier.

By the way, even when I put the pressure to 15, the tub manometer is still the same 4 cm.

I called the people that sold it to me and the lady was very kind. But the person who picked it out at the warehouse sent me the wrong model. The one that they had sent me is model number 36007 VPAP ADAPT which doesn't have the IPAP setting or ramp. I have since found out that the IPAP is probably the MIN PS but it doesn't matter because EVEN when the humidifier is not connected, it is worse than the old one. I think someone tried to pawn a returned machine off on me.

I spoke to the lady that was so nice before and she was the one that told me that the warehouse had sent the wrong machine. So now I am trying to get through my third weekend since this started.

Does anyone know where I can get it fixed? As far as I can tell, Resmed just throws them away!

Kate
:Using cpap then vpap since Feb.2013,
Kate
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-10-2014, 05:39 AM)Kate Wrote: By the way, even when I put the pressure to 15, the tub manometer is still the same 4 cm.

Are you setting the IPAP to 15? If so, and the EPAP is 4 the manometer will read 4.

Put the machine in CPAP mode and measure it again.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-10-2014, 05:39 AM)Kate Wrote: The my machine that broke in the first place is Resmed model number 36006A. Above the button, it says auto VPAP.

Look again. Does it instead read "VPAP Auto".

Have you looked at this?

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...8#pid75378
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
VPAP auto. I meant even when the EPAP or inhalation is 15 moved up from my setting of 8, I still get a CONSTANT blowing in my face of 4.
Kate
Post Reply Post Reply

UPDATE: I received a second new machine replacement from Supplier #2 and it doesn't work. Then I knew the problem had to be on my end. The only thing that I could think of was the electricity. I changed rooms, nothing. Then I thought of the cord that goes from the machine to the brick thingy, then to the plug. Could that have been the problem all along?

Supplier #2 just sent replacement machines WITHOUT a new cord with the brick on it. Could this be the problem??????

Kate

Kate
Post Reply Post Reply
When you say that it does not work, could you give a little more detail? Does the screen on your machine light up? Does the little LED on the power brick light up? Is the power cord plugged in securely at all three points: the wall plug, the plug in the brick and the plug into the machine?

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Smart start is off. In the beginning of this thread, it tells you everything that I tried.

Kate
Kate
Post Reply Post Reply
I changed the setting to CPAP and I still get 4 cm pressure.
Kate
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,403 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  nore cpap is working, again ? Jst617 5 191 03-31-2024, 07:10 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  New Machine and settings not working snapperzz 3 149 03-26-2024, 02:10 AM
Last Post: snapperzz
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 478 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 231 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
Question SD Formatting and OSCAR not working smallhandsfeeding 2 230 02-02-2024, 03:24 PM
Last Post: smallhandsfeeding
  [Equipment] 12 months of therapy. Tried several masks/nothing working Tiredkiwi 5 524 12-30-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.