Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help Needed
RE: Help Needed
Here are some screenshots from last night.           
Post Reply Post Reply
Anybody have any ideas about the high hypopneas?  If I could get those under control the AHI would be decent.  I feel OK today, but I know it could be better.
Post Reply Post Reply
well that's interesting. The machine is finding continuing OA events. Considering the events are clustered, this is either your EPAP min is too low or you are experiencing positional apnea with your complex apnea. My best guess is the latter. Please read our wiki on Positional Apnea and using a Soft Cervical Collar. Notice how similar your results are to the "before" examples of the ASV examples before treatment.
Positional: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...onal_Apnea
Soft Cervical Collar: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cal_Collar

We have seen this before, and the problem is likely external to the machine. We can allow higher EPAP, but my bet is that your problem is positional apnea.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I meant to mention this in my post but I actually wore a cervical collar last night.  I do wake up on my back from time to time.  My wife actually bought me off these to wear (see attachment).  I told her she was crazy, but I am going to actually try it out tonight and see what results I get.  That should definitely keep me off my back.  Stay tuned...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Wow, like wearing a SCUBA tank to bed.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just can't get numbers or rest I want with this machine. I just purchased the Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV unit. Found one for $900.00 with 20 hours on it. Also bought the Aircurve 10 VAuto found one of those for $150.00 with low hours. I understand these are good units. I am determined to get this under control. Anyone have any comments on these machines? I know I will need some help setting them up when I get them.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm a bit late to the party. Great news about the ASV. I'll give you a possible winner setup. It may yet need small edits upon seeing data charts and your comments.

Humidifier I'll leave to you for now.
ASV Auto MODE
EPAP 8-12
PS 3-13
Let's see how much better therapy becomes very quickly.

PS Skip Ramp altogether.
PPS you might even get away with EPAP min 7.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
BTW do you have the secret code to open clinical menu?
Hold home and Dial 5 or so seconds and get to programming.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-22-2020, 01:10 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: BTW do you have the secret code to open clinical menu?
Hold home and Dial 5 or so seconds and get to programming.

Awesome. Thank you so much for your comments and pressure recommendations. It should be here in a few days. I will set it up as you recomended and post the results after my first night. I also bought a new cervical collar (a little bit wider). I don't think the one I have now stops my chin tucking sufficiently. I am excited to see the results.  Merry Christmas to all! Wish me luck!
Post Reply Post Reply
Happy holidays and best to your ASV success. Post when it arrives OK? And I think this ASV is a used one, no negatives, just perform factory reset before anything else, then date/time, IMO stick with standard or current time, not bothering to forward/back on the time changes BTW. THEN MODE and pressures. There's just the 2 pairs, EPAP and PS, IPAP is the sum of EPAP+PS... machine algorithm takes care of it then, and skip the ramp. If you've got a favorite mask do set mask type.

When it arrives, let us know and we'll be able to walk you through, I've got ASV now, but since I've also got COPD, ASV therapy had turned bad. Be prepped to get great therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 5,529 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 148 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Help needed to understand chart SteveC 0 100 03-11-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  Help needed SteveC 23 1,072 03-02-2024, 05:16 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  help needed teamarliss 7 296 02-25-2024, 10:11 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
Wink [CPAP] NEW USER - Assistance Needed Interpreting OSCAR Data tommythecat 1 279 02-17-2024, 12:55 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Advice Needed With Settings and Deciphering OSCAR Data WhatIsRemSleep 16 947 02-12-2024, 01:04 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.