Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help Needed - Continued Insomnia with APAP
RE: Help Needed - Continued Insomnia with APAP
"Normal" range is between 5 and 8 Lpm. Yours is currently closer to 4.2ish.
The low volume could be caused by the flow limits is all I'm thinking. That low volume could also make it difficult for you to maintain good quality sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Huh! I never even paid any attention to the Tidal Volume, and didn't know it could be "low". Well, I'll try the EPR at 2 tonight and see how it goes. Looking forward to figuring out the mystery! Thanks for the help so far!
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's the data from last night!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
And how does that feel?

I would decrease the EPR to 1 to see what happens to the Centrals. At this level it is optional and wether to keep it or change it back depends on how you feel, not the numbers.

Which settings feel better to you.
Fred Bonjour - Project Manager and Lead Tester for OSCAR - Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter 
OSCAR

Download OSCAR
New to Apnea? Helpful tips to ensure success
Soft Cervical Collar
Mask Primer
Dealing with a DME
Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Well, I can't tell how it feels honestly. I think it's better, but I think I need a couple of nights to really tell. I'll try it out and check back in!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  APAP to Bi-Level for UARS? jdip 9 160 Yesterday, 03:37 PM
Last Post: jdip
  Any reason to change maximal pressure on an APAP machine? drmaestro 9 159 05-22-2020, 06:02 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  SevereApnea help needed with CA's please SevereApnea 7 184 05-19-2020, 01:42 AM
Last Post: SevereApnea
  Need help titrating new APAP chris0504 11 267 05-17-2020, 02:21 AM
Last Post: milboltnut
  Newbie - worse with Apap Jane9999 19 475 05-07-2020, 02:02 AM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  APAP response to Centrals dolppl 3 159 05-06-2020, 11:18 PM
Last Post: jaswilliams
  Unpleasant arousals increased since I began APAP StevesSp 3 149 05-06-2020, 05:50 PM
Last Post: StevesSp

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.