Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help - OSCAR freezing up. [Solved: SD card reader failed]
Help - OSCAR freezing up. [Solved: SD card reader failed]
Hi,

I tried to update my APAP info  into Oscar on my desktop and it locked up and I had to crash out.
I then loaded the same memory card data into Oacar on my laptop, this worked as normal.

So perhaps Oscar on my desktop is corrupted ? What is the best way to get Oscar on my desktop operating again?

Can I use my files from my laptop or delete Oscar software on my desktop  and then reinstall?

Thanks

wesozzzzz
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help - Oscar freezing up.
First thing I would try is changing the graphics mode.

Try the graphics reg fix by downloading https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/Patch/fixgraphics.reg
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks  [b]j[/b]aswilliams
I will give it a try.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oscar still freezing when attempting to download from a memory card. When I select "Import Data F2""Oscar ask me to specify a file from the oscar directory. But which file?
Where is the data back up stored?
Would it help if I uninstall oscar, then reinstall software then reinstall data.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Wesozzzz, are you seeing something like this?

[Image: attachment.php?aid=17718]

That indicates that Oscar isn't seeing the SD card and wants you to manually give a file location. Have you checked that Windows is seeing the card and the files on it?
Post Reply Post Reply
That looks like the window. I will check further , Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Wesozzzz, I had the same problem on my Mac. My solution was to wake up my computer or boot it up then insert the SD card and wait till the OS sees it then open Oscar then click import. I have to do it like that every time
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
You were spot on. Oscar wasnt seeing my memory card because the card reader had failed.
All good now, thanks again
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 72 8 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Oscar profile vanished, SD card wiped clean. How? , who and why Innisfree 23 1,757 01-13-2024, 03:52 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Question Failed drive, now cannot install or uninstall Oscar jmac862 8 740 01-08-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: SGKent
  WiFi SD Card for AirSense and OSCAR Stillglade 1 639 01-08-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Cannot select profile in OSCAR [solved, see post #9] GB San Jose 9 1,490 10-09-2023, 08:24 AM
Last Post: GB San Jose
  SD Card errors/OSCAR....all new to me TomWii 11 1,492 09-23-2023, 04:02 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question Oscar installation problem [solved, see post #4] Bertrand 3 731 09-19-2023, 12:11 AM
Last Post: Bertrand

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.