Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help, Office 2013 Pro stopped working
I mean it just won't open any program. Looking online, others have the problem. There seems no fix available.

I'm considering wiping off the computer and installing Office 2007 Pro.

MicroSoft -- you really suck!!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
I've run Office 2010 with no issues. Word 2010 is the best word processor I've seen for being able to load documents written with other word processors. That feature simplifies work and saves time for our administrative assistants at work.

Sleepster
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried to "repair" the installation. FAIL.
I then used an MS uninstall tool to remove it.
I have an OEM disk for Office 2007; and I thought I had a license key.
But, that key will work only for a preinstalled version of office 2007.
I was able to download a copy of Office 2013 pro, and reinstall with the license that came with the machine -- bingo, it works again; and all my customized settings are still there.

sure gives me a warm fuzzy feeling about the product -- knowing one can shut it down, go to sleep, and wake up to a non-responsive installation.
I wonder if it had anything to do with yesterday being Windows monthly update day.
Post Reply Post Reply

(07-10-2014, 10:01 AM)justMongo Wrote: I have an OEM disk for Office 2007; and I thought I had a license key.

The installers are quite fussy about what they'll install with which key.

If you don't have a real copy of Office, with the key supplied with it, chances are really good it's going to be a lot of trouble.

You might want to download LibreOffice, which is completely free and works very well.

Terry

Post Reply Post Reply
If you are in any way affiliated with a higher ed institution contact their IT department and get the link that can be used to purchase M$ Office for $10.
Sleepster
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
By the way, is the thread title a typo by accident or on purpose? Too-funny
Sleepster
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply

(07-10-2014, 11:16 AM)Sleepster Wrote: By the way, is the thread title a typo by accident or on purpose? Too-funny

I just washed my fingers; and I cannot do a thing with them.
(Old joke)

TYPO... these days my fingers are dyslexic.

And, I'm not affiliated with an educational institution.
(Although my XYL is a teacher.)
I spend my days making the important decisions; like whether we should use nukes on Iraq.
Post Reply Post Reply
The educational discount extends to the home and immediate family members of the educators.

That typo may have been a mistake, but I like it!
Sleepster
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
Instead of getting another copy of MS Office, why not get the OpenOffice suite for free? Just do a Google search for it. I've been using it for several years; it can save any doc as a Word doc, pdf, etc.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINIONS ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY STATEMENTS OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Another option is LibreOffice which is also open source. It is developed by the original developers of Open Office who weren't happy with the direction Oracle was going after Oracle brought Open Office under their umbrella. LibreOffice is available for multiple platforms (including Linux) and I think at times t is more compatible with Office than Office. I run it on my Windoze and Mac machines as a way of opening files Office doesn't open.

As to the education discounts (as well as the home use provisions on the corporate side) by the EULA (which no one reads) you can only use it while a member of the organization you bought it through (i.e. going to school or working for the company). However, it is never enforced. If you can get use one of the special programs, pay the little bit extra to get the backup DVD.

Reading EULAs can be fun. One company about a third of the way through put in the line "You mean you are actually reading this?" I worked tech support and we used to explain the EULA a lot when trying to tell people why they couldn't network 4 copies of the same single user version.

Homer
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Win 7 update no longer updates Office 2007 justMongo 6 272 09-01-2017, 11:05 AM
Last Post: AlanE
Question What's up with Post Office tracking justMongo 10 820 05-30-2017, 04:13 AM
Last Post: holden4th
  So what ever happened to the Post Office justMongo 17 1,452 12-20-2015, 07:28 PM
Last Post: justMongo
  [News] Greek healthcare system collapses, hospital workers now working without pay SuperSleeper 25 6,413 12-11-2015, 07:42 PM
Last Post: AlanE
  How to protect yourself from deadly bacteria in hospitals doctor and dentist office me50 3 963 02-27-2015, 11:25 PM
Last Post: archangle
Question MS Office -- cannot open older files justMongo 11 2,367 11-22-2014, 12:17 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  PowerShell Stopped Working Message Keeps Popping Up me50 3 3,201 10-19-2014, 07:13 PM
Last Post: herbm