Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help. Old CPAP user coming back, Oxygen needed?
RE: Help. Old CPAP user coming back, Oxygen needed?
It helps if the script specifies heated tubing, but the DME is going to try to read anything that is not specific in their favor. A Climateline tube costs $34-36 on Amazon and of course Apria bills much higher, but the profit margin on a $6.00 standard tube is probably greater.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Got the machine setup. Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset. N20 nasal mask.

I have a spare P10 and Fischer Simplus full face from last time I tried this.

I'll have to mess around a little bit with the N20. I noticed if I didn't have it adjusted correctly, I was getting leakage on the top sides of my nose near my eyes. I'll have to see if making it tighter or looser helps or just pushing it down on my face farther.

I noticed that they have it set for Humidity 4, Ramp 4, pressure of 7-12.

I looked at some posts that I had prior to having UPPP surgery and I think the most success I had was slightly lower humidity, Ramp 6, pressure of around 9-16. I think I was at around 11 (95%).

I think I'm going to try the Humidity at 3, and set the Ramp at 6.

The question is...will my pressure numbers be much different now that I've had surgery? In a way..I'm thinking I should set it for 7-16, to see what my numbers look like for a few days.

It almost seems that Apria set it at the default values. My sleep study from 2/2017 recommended a setting of 10.

Any suggestions on pressure?

Jeff
Post Reply Post Reply
Your old settings are a fine place to start given the range of 9-16, and I agree with your humidity and ramp settings. If your needs are lower, the pressure won't increase or you may feel uncomfortable. That can be fixed. Good luck!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Tried my first night.  Only got about 5 hours in.   This morning, woke and was going to load my data to sleepyhead.  No SD card in the machine. sheesh.  Now what.  If it was easier to get in touch with someone at Apria.  I see an SD card on the order.

Can I just stick any SD card in there?   or should I contact them?
Post Reply Post Reply
The newer A10's seem to be coming without the SD card. Any SD card will work. You may wish to format it to a FAT32 prior to inserting it in the A10. This way the A10 will have a clean slate to add its files and directories to.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
ok... Found an old 32gb SDHC card. Formatted it and stuck it in the machine. The machine formatted the card also. Took it out and loaded it to Sleepyhead. Looks like it wrote summary data on the card. Any way to get details written or is it too late?

For 5 hours, looks like I was at a pressure of 9, but that's just a summary. Also, AHI says .21.

I was kind of sweaty using the CPAP. Not sure why I felt hotter. My AC was set the same (70 degrees). After I took it off I cooled down. I think I need to adjust the Resmed N20 a little bit, also. It felt a little tight. When I woke up, my throat was a little dry. Maybe I need to set the humidity to 4 instead of 3. I'm going to try a few more days at 3 though.

Jeff
Post Reply Post Reply
You can use a standard SD card. I'd make them give you one though. Your paying for it.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-22-2017, 08:22 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: The newer A10's seem to be coming without the SD card.  Any SD card will work.  You may wish to format it to a FAT32 prior to inserting it in the A10.  This way the A10 will have a clean slate to add its files and directories to.

They are supposed to be sending me one via mail.  The rep for Apria said that the machine uses a modem so it doesn't need one.  I told her that there is an SD card on the order.  So she is sending it.

Any way to get the detailed data from last night to be written, or is it too late?
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-22-2017, 08:24 AM)mogulman Wrote: The rep for Apria said that the machine uses a modem so it doesn't need one. 

Right! I also have some nice oceanfront property down the street from you as well.  The data it transmits is nowhere near the detailed information stored on the SD card.   You will need #SleepyHead (Preferred) or ResScan to be able to analyze your sleep sessions.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Detailed flow rate, leak and other data is written during the session, so you can't recover it after the session ends. Regardless, it sounds like your pressure is working and the AHI is excellent. Just get comfortable and all should be good.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 17 340 Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,954 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 5,514 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 143 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Help needed to understand chart SteveC 0 96 03-11-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  Newer CPAP User, still snoring Warnick13 45 1,457 03-11-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Warnick13
  Oxygen levels below 90% for 7% of night and below 94% for 34% inspite of Bipap bhavintu79 14 668 03-08-2024, 05:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.