Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help Please! First post.
RE: Help Please! First post.
Hi Harlon,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It's great to hear that you are giving CPAP therapy a second try.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-04-2016, 09:13 PM)shewhorn Wrote: Good luck! BTW... do you happen to be a professional photographer by any chance?

No - I'm a musician, actually. But I can use the heck out of an iPhone camera!! Lol
This site is outstanding. I've learned more today than I have in 5 years with 2 different doctors. But I have all my settings where I want them now and I'll be off to bed soon. Tomorrow I will post some snapshots and perhaps y'all can give me a little more education! Thanks again. I think I'll be spending more time here as I go forward!
Post Reply Post Reply
That was directed to Frank actually... but cool! I went to Berklee myself. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-05-2016, 09:35 AM)shewhorn Wrote: That was directed to Frank actually... but cool! I went to Berklee myself. Smile

Doh!! I see that now. Sorry! Lol
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok - apparently I can't post a picture yet???
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-05-2016, 10:59 AM)Harlon Wrote: Ok - apparently I can't post a picture yet???

Go to http://tinypic.com and upload your picture there. You can then post the link here, or embed it by posting the link, and encapsulating it with img tags... something like:

Code:
[img]http://www.tinypic.com/yourspecificlink.jpg[/img]
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-05-2016, 10:59 AM)Harlon Wrote: Ok - apparently I can't post a picture yet???

Try again...that was your 8th post. Remember you have to have the image hosted on another site like Imgur or Photobucket, or attach it using the forum attachment tool.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok - Yeah it was making me wait 24 hours to ensure I wasn't a spammer. Hopefully all good now. Here's my screenshot. The little bit of data on the left is from a nap I tried to take earlier in the day. Then - after I went to sleep - I woke around 4am for about an hour. Not the mask's fault. I just had a really weird dream that woke me. If there's a way to just zoom in on the trend from when I went to sleep to when I woke up let me know and I'll grab another picture. I could not figure out how to do that.

[Image: 26740292022]
Well - it didn't like my Flickr link. Strange it works in any browser. I even tried it in a Word document and it opened. Let me try another site. Be right back ...
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: 5-5-16.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
Gday Harlon. That middle stint (23:00 to 02:00) doesn't look too bad but there are definitely some issues that need to be sorted.

You can zoom in on any part of the graph by clicking and dragging the mouse cursor over the area you want to look at. Left clicking anywhere will zoom in and right clicking will zoom out.

The last stint you had major leaks the whole time. This is bad for a number of reasons. First, large leaks can disturb your sleep. Second, the machine can't keep up sufficient airflow to treat apneas and third the machine can't effectively diagnose events if the leak is so large. Perhaps you can give some thought to your mask and headgear, and work out why these leaks are occurring.

Your apneas and hypopneas aren't bad, but there is room for improvement. You might want to increase your minimum pressure a bit, to just below the median. That will probably head off some of the hypopneas and prevent some of the apneas. In addition it will reduce the swings in pressure which can be disturbing.

The maximum pressure seems to be ok, but it is running close to the max. I'd be inclined to increase the max to 12 to give the machine a bit of headroom when necessary.

I think you're on the right track and it shouldn't need too much further tweaking to get everything running smoothly for you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] First Post - Can't stay asleep with CPAP DKane 9 144 1 hour ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,364 625,927 03-24-2024, 07:19 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Question [Diagnosis] First post-CPAP visit to Sleep Doc - What to talk about? FlyAU98 6 187 03-23-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  r4robin - Therapy Thread (Help with BiLevel settings-post #5) r4robin 42 1,828 03-11-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  First Post - Help with Settings Ideas jrudicel 3 171 03-10-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: jrudicel
  First post, provider is not much help. DPAlaska 2 270 01-26-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: DPAlaska
  [CPAP] New User Struggling - PSG and CPAP Data Post PSG1 4 2,115 01-08-2024, 06:57 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.