Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help Please! First post.
RE: Help Please! First post.
(05-05-2016, 09:35 AM)shewhorn Wrote: That was directed to Frank actually... but cool! I went to Berklee myself. Smile

Yes, I was for a while, then had a major depressive episode and didn't do much besides drive a cash register at a gas station for 5 years.
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-05-2016, 07:19 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote: I think you're on the right track and it shouldn't need too much further tweaking to get everything running smoothly for you.

Thanks so much for your analysis. I changed the lower value to 6 and raised the higher value to 12. And I'll tweak with the mask tonight and see if I can help the leaking. Should I post another screenshot in the next day or so? Once I get the numbers closer to where they need to be I will likely do some mask research. I don't have a way to try them out, so I just kinda have to guess before I order one. But I'll get to that at a later time. thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-05-2016, 03:48 PM)Harlon Wrote: [Image: 5-5-16.jpg]

Harlon, I see it just a bit differently from Deepbreathing, but we might be on a similar tack. You are having obstructive events because your MINIMUM pressure is too low. It needs to be increased to 8.0, which is under your current average pressure. I don't think your maximum pressure is a problem since your 95% pressure is still lower then the maximum, and the machine appears to immediately retreat from the maximum pressure, rather than bump along the limitj, but it wouldn't hurt to bump it up 1-2.

Increasing minimum pressure is going to do a couple things for you. It will reduce the pressure fluctuations, because the higher pressure is going to intercept more events before they happen. Resmed machines increase pressure pretty quickly, but you can help by setting the minimum pressure at an effective level. The higher starting pressure, may help you get a better mask fit. That's something you'll continue to work on.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-05-2016, 07:25 PM)FrankNichols Wrote: Yes, I was for a while, then had a major depressive episode and didn't do much besides drive a cash register at a gas station for 5 years.

Does DWF ring a bell? Smile

Cheers, Joe

Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider Wrote:Harlon, I see it just a bit differently from Deepbreathing, but we might be on a similar tack.

No, I think we see it the same. I also suggested raising the minimum to just under the median. Great minds think alike. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
'Harlon Wrote:Once I get the numbers closer to where they need to be I will likely do some mask research.

Getting the right mask is the hardest part, but critical to success. If you have protracted large leaks then the therapy won't do you much good at all. I think this should be the first priority. I don't know your particular circumstances, but your insurance and/or provider might offer some sort of 30 day trial on masks. They are a very individual thing and it's really only by trial and error that you can find the right one.

Having said that, the F&P Simplus is very popular, as is the Resmed P10 nasal pillows.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-05-2016, 10:37 PM)shewhorn Wrote:
(05-05-2016, 07:25 PM)FrankNichols Wrote: Yes, I was for a while, then had a major depressive episode and didn't do much besides drive a cash register at a gas station for 5 years.

Does DWF ring a bell? Smile

Cheers, Joe

Yup, Glad to see someone from back then Smile

I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-05-2016, 10:48 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote:
Sleeprider Wrote:Harlon, I see it just a bit differently from Deepbreathing, but we might be on a similar tack.

No, I think we see it the same. I also suggested raising the minimum to just under the median. Great minds think alike. Smile

Gonna have to brush up on my reading comprehension. Big Grin

Harlon is very close to putting this all together. I think EPR opened the door to some better comfort and leak control. A little fine-tuning and mask management and we can "put this one to bed".
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
So based on what you are seeing, do you think I'm good with the machine I have now? Or should I be considering something else?
Post Reply Post Reply
Also - the mask I am currently using is a FlexiFit 431. So based on the fact that it is leaking, are there any other suggestions before I call? I can order a new mask, but I'd be totally guessing (as I was when I selected the 431).
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with adjustments post open heart valve replacement SistineKid 1 25 44 minutes ago
Last Post: Jay51
  First post - First week of CPAP R1c4ard06 3 103 04-16-2024, 04:03 PM
Last Post: R1c4ard06
  [CPAP] First Post - Can't stay asleep with CPAP DKane 10 361 04-02-2024, 01:41 PM
Last Post: DKane
Question [Diagnosis] First post-CPAP visit to Sleep Doc - What to talk about? FlyAU98 7 331 03-30-2024, 05:58 PM
Last Post: FlyAU98
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,364 629,803 03-24-2024, 07:19 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  r4robin - Therapy Thread (Help with BiLevel settings-post #5) r4robin 42 2,002 03-11-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  First Post - Help with Settings Ideas jrudicel 3 217 03-10-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: jrudicel

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.