Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help, Please. SleepyHead stopped Working
Help, Please. SleepyHead stopped Working
This AM I went to sync my data as usual. FlashPap ran fine, and downloaded my data. When I fired up Sleepyhead, it crashed with an SleepyHead-OpenGL.exe has stopped working error.

Only change I'm aware of is the change to daylight savings time and a few Microsoft patches. I updated the time on my ResMed machine to reflect the time change.

Anyone know what I should do to fix this?

Tried renaming and letting SleepHead rebuild it's data folder - same result.

Deleted the folder created for last night - SleepHead works, but reports bogus data.

re-ran FlashPAP, same failure
Thanks,
Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help, Please. SleepyHead stopped Working
parkerdt,
After I read your post I tried downloading my data to see if I could obtain the error you describe. I didn't encounter any problems. The only thing I can think of is; Did your computer update to the current time? Some software/programs don't take kindly to reading data that was written with a time/date stamp that is in the future. . . Just a thought.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Aliens...
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-13-2016, 10:30 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: parkerdt,
After I read your post I tried downloading my data to see if I could obtain the error you describe. I didn't encounter any problems. The only thing I can think of is; Did your computer update to the current time? Some software/programs don't take kindly to reading data that was written with a time/date stamp that is in the future. . . Just a thought.

My computer did update to the correct time overnight. It was updated when I attempted to read the data. ResScan can read it fine, but SleepyHead seems to choke on last night's data.

Also. I am having trouble using the feature to remove the data from last night - I can delete it, Sleephead says it is gone, and when I rerun SleepHead it is back.

So, I need help on figuring out how to remove this day's data or get SleepyHead to ignore it, it seems. Pity, because it was an AHI 0.2 night according to the machine - would have helped my averages Smile

Thanks,
Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, no real help, but I have the same equipment as you do, used both Sleepyhead and ResScan this morning, and nothing unusual happened. I did change the clock in the AirSence 10 yesterday afternoon.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-13-2016, 09:31 AM)parkerdt Wrote: This AM I went to sync my data as usual. FlashPap ran fine, and downloaded my data. When I fired up Sleepyhead, it crashed with an SleepyHead-OpenGL.exe has stopped working error.

Here's the results of 30+ years in IT . . .

Turn your computer off. Let it sit a minute, then turn it back on.

Make sure the date is correct.

Try Sleepyhead. If it works, you're all set.

If not, try the "BrokenGL" version of Sleepyhead. Some versions of Windows don't have the needed support for Open GL graphics.

If it works, you're all set.

If not, create a new profile using some other name like "you2" and reimport your data. If it works your all set.

If it still doesn't work, there may be something wrong with FlashPap. Pop a plain SD Card into your machine and let it copy the data to the card, then try importing that,

Terry

Post Reply Post Reply
My data stopped at 3:20 last night, even though I was in bed till 7am.
Hoping it had something to do with time change

Post Reply Post Reply
I ended up restoring my Sleepyhead data file from my backup of 3/11. The "seemingly unreadable" data was night of 3/12 - 3/13. Open GL version of SleepyHead working as always again.

Formatted a new SD card, put that in, and the machine only wrote summary data to the card.

So, I figured somthing didn't like something with that data - whether a corrupt file, or something else unexpected, I don't have the ability to determine.

Reformatted my FlashAir and we'll start with that again tonight. Losing 1 day of data is not the end of the world, and hopefully things work correctly again going forward. We'll see. Just hate to lose my best night since beginning therapy. Smile

thanks!
Dave

Post Reply Post Reply
Back to working OK again, no repeat of the problem. Sure didn't like that one day's data though!
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-13-2016, 01:19 PM)Terry Wrote: Here's the results of 30+ years in IT . . .

Turn your computer off. Let it sit a minute, then turn it back on.

Make sure the date is correct.

Try Sleepyhead. If it works, you're all set.

If not, try the "BrokenGL" version of Sleepyhead. Some versions of Windows don't have the needed support for Open GL graphics.

If it works, you're all set.

If not, create a new profile using some other name like "you2" and reimport your data. If it works your all set.

If it still doesn't work, there may be something wrong with FlashPap. Pop a plain SD Card into your machine and let it copy the data to the card, then try importing that,

Terry

[Image: sh_flow.PNG]

Not like I enjoy flow charting...
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR v1.5.2 Not Working on My Chromebook fixed it 4 75 03-26-2024, 01:37 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar Quit Working stillsleepy2 19 1,119 01-11-2024, 04:59 PM
Sad Upgrade check not working [fixed in OSCAR 1.5.1] clan 1 596 09-23-2023, 01:32 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Oscar stopped recording fstbiker 1 603 06-29-2023, 05:33 PM
Question [split] Mac M1 stopped importing BestDreamYet 9 1,100 05-31-2023, 11:18 PM
Last Post: BestDreamYet
  SpO2 Drop below X not working? YouTakeMyBreathAway 9 809 02-03-2023, 12:18 AM
Last Post: DavidEsp
  Mac Oscar 1.4 not working with ResMed AirStart 10 mumug 8 1,021 06-28-2022, 06:55 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.