Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help Pls. AHI 29 feeling bad and not sure I am headed right
RE: Help Pls. AHI 29 feeling bad and not sure I am headed right
(02-09-2015, 07:41 PM)quiescence at last Wrote: 2. nearly all of your CAs are when erratic shaky tidal volume is occurring. The high volume may be resulting in a hyperventilation of sorts, which your body responds to, and the brain sends a signal to halt breathing until equilibrium sets back in. I would love to see a couple of those periods with your [respiration rate] instead of [mask pressure]. Can you post the section between 04:20 and 06:00?

QAL

Which is the chicken and which is the egg?

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-09-2015, 01:38 PM)BigBob2 Wrote: PaytonA, thanks for clarifying the PS setting.
Answers for:
Item.#1 Normally I fall asleep within 10 Min. last night was an exception. after ~10 Min. with the mach. on I shut it off to adjust a mask due to leaks the duration of that adj. was 3 Min. & back on with the Mach. the next brake was 27 Min later with another mask adj. for 4 min. and started the mach. again. ( rec. a new mask size large they did not have a med.)
Fell asleep shortly after. Sleep was uninterrupted for 3Hrs.&23 Min.

Item# 2 I wake and turn off mach.( no waiting) this was a bathroom break and right back to sleep.3Hrs. & 35 min. no waiting.

Item#3 was another was a bathroom break and right back to sleep no waiting

I always try to turn of the mach when awake to assist in keeping the data clean even when it is about time to get up.

Bob

Well BigBob, you just blew away the theory that I was developing. If one eliminated the events that are before and/or after the machine being turned off your AHI looks like it would be fairly reasonable. I am still thinking that they could be artifacts of the change from awake to asleep breath control and vice versa but I am not sure where we would go from there. The transition events are considered normal. I will do a little research and maybe somebody more knowledgeable than I will come up with something.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-09-2015, 07:41 PM)quiescence at last Wrote: That is all great info. And sorry on point 3, I was meaning that on each of those nights the max pressure, 95% pressure, and the median pressure were all the minimum set pressure. Therefore, the CPAP therapy was approximately the same, but different results occurred - widely different. There is always a variation of AHI day to day even under similar conditions. But, it just struck me that you might just be still getting used to the treatment.

A lot of us get more activity later in our sleep night. It is also usual to have greater amount of REM sleep and dreaming just before waking in the morning. Do you remember that you were dreaming when you awoke at 5:05am?

Other observations:

1. you will also notice that your pressures adjusted at about 00:10, 01:35, 4:45 (a bit) and 5:10, but no events seem to have tripped these off. The machine has sensed something that starts the pressure building. I think these are RERA or flow restrictions that the machine does not score, but seems to react to.

2. nearly all of your CAs are when erratic shaky tidal volume is occurring. The high volume may be resulting in a hyperventilation of sorts, which your body responds to, and the brain sends a signal to halt breathing until equilibrium sets back in. I would love to see a couple of those periods with your [respiration rate] instead of [mask pressure]. Can you post the section between 04:20 and 06:00?

3. did you feel at all panicky or out of breath when you awoke at 05:10 or do you experience that periodically?

Thanks again. Hope we can get you into a better situation!

QAL

quiescence,

On Point #3 thanks for the clarification -got it. Hope your right that it might "just be still getting used to the treatment" nice and easy fix .
I am working on my 4th week so maybe.

Re. your question on the dreaming- I just don't recall .

Item #1.
I'll give you a blow up that you did not have the benefit to view maybe provide a bit more clarity? Help me with my thoughts, first on the 00:10 blowup.@ ~ 00:10:40 erratic flow rate followed by hypopnea@00:11:00
lasting lasting 18Sec. with pressure starting to build and holding until more erratic flow rate starts to appear which ~ 00:14:20 and @ the same time the pressure starts to build again and @00:14:42 OA starts lasting 14 Sec. Afterword flow-rate smooth out with pressure dropping slowly until 15 sec. into the next 17 Sec OA. (The last OA did not on chart - did not want to crowd) It appears the the erratic flow rate precedes CA or OA events ?????
[Image: wE10J9a.png]

The post of section you requested between 04:20 and 06:00
[Image: 0xVhoUJ.png]
A blowup of that
[Image: gDcgLiS.png]

Your item # 3 It is not something I recall

If you need clarification on anything I'll be glad to.

Thanks much for time and involvement.
Bob

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-09-2015, 10:42 PM)PaytonA Wrote:
(02-09-2015, 01:38 PM)BigBob2 Wrote: PaytonA, thanks for clarifying the PS setting.
Answers for:
Item.#1 Normally I fall asleep within 10 Min. last night was an exception. after ~10 Min. with the mach. on I shut it off to adjust a mask due to leaks the duration of that adj. was 3 Min. & back on with the Mach. the next brake was 27 Min later with another mask adj. for 4 min. and started the mach. again. ( rec. a new mask size large they did not have a med.)
Fell asleep shortly after. Sleep was uninterrupted for 3Hrs.&23 Min.

Item# 2 I wake and turn off mach.( no waiting) this was a bathroom break and right back to sleep.3Hrs. & 35 min. no waiting.

Item#3 was another was a bathroom break and right back to sleep no waiting

I always try to turn of the mach when awake to assist in keeping the data clean even when it is about time to get up.

Bob

Well BigBob, you just blew away the theory that I was developing. If one eliminated the events that are before and/or after the machine being turned off your AHI looks like it would be fairly reasonable. I am still thinking that they could be artifacts of the change from awake to asleep breath control and vice versa but I am not sure where we would go from there. The transition events are considered normal. I will do a little research and maybe somebody more knowledgeable than I will come up with something.

Best Regards,

PaytonA
Thanks, all help appreciated
Bob
Post Reply Post Reply
my best guess - at 00:10 clip you actually are in REM sleep. This seems to have happened for short clips starting at 23:08, 00:10, and 00:30 (roughly every 20 min.) but did not stay for long. This could also be the case at 00:55 and likely at 01:22 ending in a full waking... next was likely thrashed in the 01:30 thru 2:10 period. ...02:22 you are there again, and probably at 02:48. A more definite and longer period started about 4:25 ending in that free for all.

I am still completely baffled by the 04:35 to 5:40 period.

one suggestion I have is purposely break your night in two, about 4 hours in, and stay awake for about 1 hour or maybe a little more. then do a comparison. you may have to do that multiple days to get a baseline to compare.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-10-2015, 03:16 PM)quiescence at last Wrote: my best guess - at 00:10 clip you actually are in REM sleep. This seems to have happened for short clips starting at 23:08, 00:10, and 00:30 (roughly every 20 min.) but did not stay for long. This could also be the case at 00:55 and likely at 01:22 ending in a full waking... next was likely thrashed in the 01:30 thru 2:10 period. ...02:22 you are there again, and probably at 02:48. A more definite and longer period started about 4:25 ending in that free for all.

I am still completely baffled by the 04:35 to 5:40 period.

one suggestion I have is purposely break your night in two, about 4 hours in, and stay awake for about 1 hour or maybe a little more. then do a comparison. you may have to do that multiple days to get a baseline to compare.

QAL

I will give that a try this week end.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 261 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki
  [Equipment] Not feeling rested/high flow limit on loaner CPAP LazerStallion 5 327 02-25-2024, 05:41 AM
Last Post: LazerStallion
Gross [Treatment] Waking up frequently and not feeling rested snoor 3 309 02-21-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: snoor
  [CPAP] Started to feel good, then woke up feeling HORRIBLE TiredDude 4 808 02-15-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: TiredDude
  [Treatment] 40+ AHI WITH cpap, feeling hopeless Bobblan 10 550 01-24-2024, 10:04 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Sad [Pressure] Still feeling frustrated/confused after years... Mossify 12 1,088 01-22-2024, 02:43 AM
Last Post: Mossify
  Help understanding OSCAR Data - Feeling Tired all day (not sleepy) elsanti1976 9 560 01-21-2024, 04:23 PM
Last Post: elsanti1976

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.