Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help! - Pressure settings
Help! - Pressure settings
My Resmed Airsense10 Autoset for Her seems to have changed from an auto, cycling between minimum and maximum pressure to a set cpap! I noticed that the circle was not moving it's numbers and was solid and setltled only at the minimum pressur.I noticed that my throat was closing more than the successful last 2 nights. I checked the settings and it is set on 6.8/9.0 - is this a defective machine??
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help!
Howdy somnia16,

I would check some of the settings - is the ramp feature turned on? That could cause the machine (initially) to not go up to it's full pressure setting.

If you need to get into the Clinician Setup, here's instructions on how to get into the Clinician Menu on your machine to check the setup:

http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-airsens...setup-info

Also, you can obtain the Clinician Manual for your AirSense 10 by following the directions on this page:

http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

It could very well be that your machine simply isn't increasing the pressure because you're awake. If you have normal breathing while you're awake, the machine isn't going to increase pressures. It will only increase the pressure from the minimum if you have an apnea event (usually during sleep) to trigger the increase. So if you lay there watching the machine while you're awake, under normal circumstances, you'll never see any pressure increase.
Thinking-about

Also, you may wish to download the [url=http://OSCAR Official Download Page ----> CLICK HERE ./]SleepyHead[/url] software, so you can tell for sure what's going on during the night with your machine.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
That's interesting. So the machine will only increase pressure when there is an apnea event? Because in the past two days when I had the machine set on 6.8/9.0 I saw the pressure going up and down all the time - even though I was awake. Last night it just sat there at the minimum pressure and the circle that usually goes round and round was solid. That's why I thought it was not functioning...they are going to replace it for me though as the on/off button on my Resmed must be faulty as it takes about 2 mins with my finger on the power button for the machine to come on. Thanks goodness the online store I purchased it from are wonderful.
Post Reply Post Reply
somnia16,

your level of interest has advanced to where it's time for you to download sleepyhead and look at your data.

myair is great for the encouragement, looking at the lights on the machine may be enough to tell you it's operating while you are awake staring at it.

But if you want to know what it's doing in any level of detail over time, there's nothing like pulling up the data in sleepyhead to answer your questions.

take the next step and you will be rewarded with much insight into what your machine is doing while you are asleep.

Saldus Miegas

long p.s. to a short post... don't panic about a bad night after two good ones after a lot of bad ones. I know you want each new thing you try to turn a corner and step up to a new level without going backwards. Just realize there are lots of moving parts here... you are experimenting with masks and chin straps, your body is adjusting to the machine and the gizmos you are tying to your head, there are normal variations in sleeping patterns and positions from night to night, not to mention work, stress, foods, all varying from day to day. So all this stuff and probably more is in play here. The puzzle is to figure out what persistent patterns emerge and make adjustments to improve those patterns over time. Be encouraged, you are on a good path: you are paying attention to your body, and you are being proactive to improve the effectiveness of your therapy. It will stabilize, but ride with it for a bit and see where it goes. And get a better look at your data so you can peel the onion and learn what helps and what doesn't as you contemplate next steps.

Post Reply Post Reply
Pressure settings
I am a little confused about the min/max settings on my machine. I have an Airsense 10 Resmed Auto. I am sure i have seen the numbers go up and back and forth while watching the panel in the past and last night it just remained at my minimum pressure. I presumed there was something wrong with the machine. Does this mean that my breathing was very regular last night and I didn't need an autopap intervention for apnea? It seems unlikely but I am struggling to understand this...any feedback would be welcome. For those with this machine, the circle was not moving, had the minimum pressure number in it. In the past, it has gone around counterclockwise as the pressure and the number changed...
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help! - Pressure settings
I think it is normal not to 'trust' the machine when it and you are new.

There are a couple of things you can do to see if your machine is responding:

1 Make a fake snoring noise.
2 Hold your breath

Both of these 'techniques' will cause the Airsense 10 Auto to respond by increasing pressure. I know because I have tried itSmile
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help! - Pressure settings
Good idea, I will try it when I get my new machine back...I find it really difficult to believe that i was breathing so regularly, even when awake, that the pressure did not change at all. I think it was a problem with the machine since the on/off button was also not working well..
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Understanding Pressure Settings on ASV Suzee 85 3,573 03-19-2024, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Suzee
  [Pressure] unable to find pressure settings on my cpap timoteo666 7 450 02-17-2024, 09:56 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 406 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Help with data interpretation and pressure settings Strange54 3 363 01-25-2024, 05:20 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  What is the most comfortable pressure and settings if comfort is the only goal? hejohoo 2 316 01-20-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Smile pleasse help me optimize my APAP pressure settings Swsch2985 2 363 01-14-2024, 01:39 PM
Last Post: Swsch2985
  Help interpret OSCAR for best pressure settings 444zane3 3 401 01-11-2024, 01:08 AM
Last Post: Expat31

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.