Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Help Requested] How to improve?
RE: [Help Requested] How to improve?
It is a balancing act between central apneas and Obstructive events. What improves Centrals tends to increase obstructive events. While we dont want central events, or obstructive events for that matter, a few central events will not hurt you.
On these charts I'm not seeing any significant positional events.
Changes from this point need to be based more on how you feel, your symptoms, much more than your numbers.

So how do you feel, Be critical?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [Help Requested] How to improve?
This is the Central versus Obstructive, flow limit, etc. teeter-totter dilemma. Addressing Central brings up Obstructive events, including flow limits and then vice versa. It sounds like you need to address flow limits more than Centrals. Turn EPR back on and adjust your settings for best comfort not best numbers. Less than 1 AHI isn't the goal, again best comfort is your goal.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Central apneas and tips to improve CPAP therapy jcp519 20 1,286 02-21-2024, 12:37 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  [split] Doctor won't help improve Vauto settings JohnCondor 7 527 02-19-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Improve Respiratory Rate? MrIvanDrago 4 348 02-16-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Improve my CPAP Performance dpoelker 4 261 02-06-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Advise requested: Should I LOWER my pressure? Aknakon 21 1,135 12-22-2023, 08:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New CPAP user here. Ready to learn. Please advise how I can improve! Sleepyman12 4 502 12-13-2023, 05:51 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Question Help interpreting OSCAR results to improve my sleep Provolone 5 541 11-08-2023, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Provolone

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.