Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help (Resetting Pressures)
Help (Resetting Pressures)
I'm new here and need some help. I tried to adjust my cpap and I've
Messed it all up. Is there a way to get it back to the original settings ?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help
Hi Linda57,
You will get more help my being a bit more specific.

What machine are you using?
What were the original settings, and what were you trying to change them to?
Do you have the Clinicians Manual? Link is at top of page.

Yes, we can help. Waiting for your response .......

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
What OpalRose said Smile she beat me to it.
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-19-2016, 04:59 PM)Linda57 Wrote: I'm new here and need some help. I tried to adjust my cpap and I've
Messed it all up. Is there a way to get it back to the original settings ?

Linda,

Your profile indicates you use ResScan software so I'll guess you use a ResMed somthing or other ?PAP that's capable of recording data.

I'll also presume you know how to get into the clinicians setup menu so you can muck (yes that's a technical term) with your settings and restore them to their previous values using data from previous dates. (you'll have to do this manually as there's no way I know of to import the previous settings).

Each day, your machine "should" place data onto the SDCard withing your machine.

If you use ResScan, you should be able to import the data to ResScan, and go backwards in time (look at the image provided in this link

http://imgur.com/a/EOD9B ) and down the left hand side you'll see previous dates.

Presuming you have several previous days data and you did this change recently so you don't have to go through months of data, you could select a previous day, and then select the "Settings" tab at the top or the ResScan software and you might be able to discover what your settings were previously as each day's settings are stored for that day.

Hope this helps n'' Good luck.

If you need more help.. mosey on back and some kind soul will likely lend another hand.... it could even be me! Oh-jeez
Warning: Eating chocolate may cause your clothes to shrink!
[Image: ry6XtE9.gif] <---- That's ME!
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok , I'll check out previous days and see if I can see the settings. I've been waking up in the night like I can't breath or not getting enough air and the past couple of days I'm exhausted like I had no sleep and feeling of a sore throat. I want to blame my cpap so I got on YouTube and messed with the settings. When I put it on it was awful, made my ear stop up or something weird and I still can't breath right. Mercy me! Thank you! I may be back..
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-19-2016, 06:13 PM)Linda57 Wrote: I may be back..

No Problem.. we'll have your front.. er I mean back Bigwink but I can't commit that we'll be holding our breaths! Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Linda57,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Yes, Feel free to come back for more assistance.
Good luck to you with getting your CPAP machine set to meet your needs, and hang in there for more suggestions.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
In addition to the info Rose and icyura57 asked for it would be useful to know the model of the mask you are using. ResMed makes several nasal mask and nasal pillow mask models, each of which has their own peculiarities that can cause some users problems under certain conditions.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help (Resetting Pressures)
1- finish filling out the profile so we can help you
2- I filled in the subject line since "help" doesn't help you much
3- get the manual for the machine you have and read up on how to access the settings
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual
4- always take notes of what changes you make and when, then wait at least ten days between changes in order to see if the changes did any good (or made things work). Changes to pressures will result in some differences, including ear pressure. You can either wait to see if this goes away or you can move it back to where it was.
5- if you do indeed use software, you can read the software data and determine if the pressure changes needed to be made in the first place. Since you gave us so little information to begin with, we can't help you in any way except for #3 and #4.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help (Resetting Pressures)
(08-19-2016, 06:49 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Since you gave us so little information to begin with, we can't help you in any way except for #3 and #4.

I always knew I'd be reduced to just a number! Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 296 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Central apnea and high pressures? esaulcatnas 20 1,729 02-16-2024, 12:22 AM
Last Post: esaulcatnas
  Will lofta help me find the right pressures? Swsch2985 6 457 12-30-2023, 01:22 PM
Last Post: Swsch2985
  Why different pressures with different masks Dawei 6 423 12-29-2023, 03:08 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Central sleep apnea? need help on pressures flappypalate 2 485 11-23-2023, 05:37 PM
Last Post: flappypalate
  Need help falling asleep with changing BiPap pressures ISeekRem 7 629 08-13-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Ffm requires higher pressures yankees123 2 558 05-15-2023, 04:42 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.