Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help Sought: Finding Oximetry Data on SH
Help Sought: Finding Oximetry Data on SH
I am experimenting with an original-equipment (OEM) oximeter on a Resmed PAP machine. Last night was my first try. But when I went over the data on Sleepyhead this morning, I saw the usual graphs (waveforms, tidal volume, etc.) but could not find the oxygen saturation graph. Does anyone know how I can display that graph? My understanding is that with the OEM oximeter, the oximetry data should record onto the S.D. card automatically and then display automatically as a graph on Sleepyhead -- but, as I said, I couldn't find the graph.  Thanks for any help!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help Sought: Finding Oximetry Data on Sleepyhead
Do you have those particular graphs turned on in the Preferences section?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just went into Preferences and could not see where I would turn that on (or off). BTW, I am using SH 1.0.0 Beta-2. Can you point me to where and how I control that?

I'll add: I prefer not to change to Oscar right now, if possible, as I've often run into problems changing software on this Mac.

Thanks very much for suggestions.
Post Reply Post Reply
VisitorX, in the lower right corner of OSCAR/SleepyHead there's a drop down (really goes up but whatever) and you can turn on and off individual sections of the charts. SpO2 is the oxygen saturation one you want.

It should load in seamlessly, it does for me with no issues.

Note you have to be on the daily view screen. You probably know that but just mentioning it in case it's not obvious.
Post Reply Post Reply
I can't find what you're referring to. On the bottom right of the main "Daily" screen of my Sleepyhead program, there is a small rectangle that functions as a pull-up menu (sounds like what you're talking about) with a list that starts with "Event Flags" and goes on from there. But there is nothing in there about Sp02. Thank you (or anyone else) for continuing to help me.
Post Reply Post Reply
If it's not there let's review your whole setup. It sounds like your profile is wrong since it says you have a DreamStation but your post says ResMed.

For example, here's what I have:

ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto
SD card plugged into the SD port
ResMed Air 10 oximetry module plugged in the left side under the SD card
Nonin XPOD plugged in to the oximetry module
Nonin pulse oximeter sensor plugged in to the XPOD

On my machine when I go into the "My Options" screen, at the bottom of the list is an option to "view oximeter". Does that show up for you? If you go into that option and put your sensor on your finger does it read SpO2 and pulse?
Post Reply Post Reply
First, regarding my machine: DreamStation is my base machine, but I'm currently experimenting with an AirCurve 10 ASV, which for now I'm keeping in the CPAP (not ASV) mode . Once I debug the oximeter, I will see if I can benefit from the ASV function (I have mixed central/obstructive apnea).

If I make a permanent change in machines, away from my DreamStation, I will update my profile.  As an aside, I'll mention that I also have access to an Autoset 10 -- Resmed's ordinary autotitrating CPAP.

Second, in "My Options" menu, there is no option about an oximeter, or any mention of an oximeter or oxygen levels at all. I also checked the clinical menus and didn't see anything there. Yet when I plugged the oximetry module into the PAP, the PAP's screen lit up and mentioned the oximetry module and gave its serial number, so it was clear that it was detecting the module. I just removed and reinserted the module, and the same thing happened. I also tried this with the Autoset 10 machine -- and the same thing happened, and there, too, there was no mention of an oximeter in the "My Options" menu.

I'll also mention that the red light in the finger sensor is working.

And yes, I have the same set-up you do: a Resmed oximetry module connected to the PAP just below the SD card slot; an XPOD connected to the module; followed by a Nonin finger sensor.
Post Reply Post Reply
It should be listed in the clinical settings too, in the "Accessories" section it shows up as "View Oximeter" as well. Also when you turn the machine on the main display should have SpO2 & pulse on the screen in the two lower corners. The AutoSet for her that I have does the same things.

If your AirCurve 10 ASV doesn't show any of these things I can only guess that something is wrong, but no idea what. I'm pretty sure that since your PAP machine isn't listing the oximetry then that explains why it's not showing up in SleepyHead.
Post Reply Post Reply
Nothing shows up in the "Accessories" section of the clinical menu, either.

And nothing shows up on the screen when the device first turns on.

I tested this for both the ASV machine (Aircurve 10) and the regular autotitating CPAP machine (Autoset 10) that I also have here -- and both machines respond identically. This makes me think the problem is not specific to my machine -- it would be quite a coincidence if the identical thing was happening to both machines. 

Also - I happen to have a second Resmed oximetry module here at the moment, and I tried that one as well on the Aircurve machine -- and nothing happens with that one, either. This makes me think the problem is not with the module.

I am still wondering about the question of how to make sure that the oximetry graph is enabled on Sleepyhead.

Do you or anyone else have suggestions for how I can proceed?

Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
The only other suggestion I have would be for you to install ResScan since that's the manufacturer's software and see if the pulse oximetry data shows up there. That really would be where the buck stops - if it's not in ResScan then you can't expect it to show in SleepyHead/OSCAR.

Beyond that I could take a picture of what I see on my machines if you'd like. When I import data into OSCAR I don't have to do anything special to get the pulse oximetry data to show up, it's just there. I didn't do anything special in the preferences to turn it all on or anything like that.

I really am curious now what the issue is. Were the machines purchased new at the same time as the oximetry modules? Or could the oximetry module firmware be something new/old that's not compatible with your machines?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finding right mask- 1 week in GOIRISH65 3 226 03-02-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
Question [Symptoms] Transitional CSA - oximetry freaking me out. How low is too low? Apprenticepragmatist 8 735 02-27-2024, 09:29 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Diagnosis] Need help with Pulse Oximetry monitoring results NickAsleepPol 1 438 11-14-2023, 05:14 AM
Last Post: NickAsleepPol
  Would like to add Pulse Oximetry to my monitoring Boreas 3 590 11-13-2023, 02:04 PM
Last Post: Boreas
  If you're finding your CPAP uncomfortable ... Dr.Bob 4 594 11-10-2023, 11:55 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  [CPAP] Unique finding? Looking for recommendations and any expertise. gold3n 5 665 11-04-2023, 01:47 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  Importing Oximetry Data and A Big Thanks To The Forum S. Manz 22 2,587 09-12-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: GordK

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.