Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help! Still can't sleep
RE: Help! Still can't sleep
My sleep doc said if I'm awake for more than 20 to 30 minutes to get up, go to another room, and read Moby Dick (most boring book he could think of, I guess). Haven't tried it yet.
Post Reply Post Reply
You didn't say how long you've been on cpap . It usually takes years to get into these problems so sometimes we want a quick fix when it gets so bad. I have found that cpap slowly reduces the pee trips after you get some real sleep which you are not getting yet.
I gave up all alcohol some months ago to improve my sleep and ah1 . So far the ah1 has dropped. Eating late is another problem I'm still working on.
There are many things to work on but a little at a time . I think you will get under it if you see what is causing your short cycles .
Don't exercise too late in the day , maybe more earlier in the day to get more tired.
Have you experienced reflux ? Do you have dry mouth when you awake? Are there some noise issues? Have you tried white noise? Is your mind working on issues? Have you tried giving up all caffeine,chocolate,sodas ?
There's a lot of help here just have some patience and keep posting.
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reply. I've only been using CPAP for just over a month. My AHI numbers are really good (0.2 to 2.6), so I guess you're right that I just need to be patient (not so easy for me). I may try white noise next. Before I got the CPAP, I read about the "CPAP high" that some users get right away, so I was expecting instant wonders.

My husband has the TV on all night, so I moved to the guest room and shut out noise and cats. Can't get much better conditions.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 166 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 209 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Inconsistent Sleep Patterns and Confusing Sleep Studies - Please Review mperry99 17 1,362 10-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mperry99
  [Diagnosis] Sleep deprivation vs sleep apnea - my therapy thread JRNfromAZ 2 808 08-01-2023, 02:43 PM
Last Post: JRNfromAZ
  Sleep apnea and CPAP use and it’s effect on HRV and Sleep Quaility tinyobject 1 1,012 01-21-2023, 10:37 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Random nights of short sleep due to several days mounting to too much sleep? CorruptAlligator 2 684 10-19-2022, 09:04 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  Home sleep test vs. sleep study at clinic rikkitikkitavi 14 3,202 02-18-2022, 08:46 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.