Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help! The RT is pushing another CPAP machine. What do???
RE: Help! The RT is pushing another CPAP machine. What do???
(06-23-2015, 08:44 AM)parkerdt Wrote: So did you get the machine type all sorted out with the DME, Ailu?

It's on order, but they told me they don't yet know what my insurance will require. They said they do whatever the insurance dictates. I know I pay 10%, but of what I'm not sure. So it's just a wait n see...

(06-23-2015, 10:03 PM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote:
(06-23-2015, 07:17 AM)Ailu Wrote: Great info! Please let me know your recommended battery setup. What I mean is, exactly what to purchase to get the job done simple & safe. Thanks! Smile

Remind me again what your expected battery use is intended: emergency power outage or out in the boonies primitive camping. That will make all the difference. Also the expected time for having to run it off battery, and what recharging resources may be available.

OMMOHY
Thanks OMMOHY.

Yep, in the boonies, primitive camping. Usually go for a week at a time. We have 2 6v batteries, and normally charge them for about an hour or so a day using a small portable generator. We use minimal power, don't run anything electric except lights, phones, ipads & our fantastic fan. Well rarely, we'll fire up the furnace, but just in the mornings to get the chill out of the camper. Fridge runs on gas but always needs a small bit of 12v supply.
-Ailu
Reformed CPAP Outlaw
Post Reply Post Reply
So you are in a camper/caravan and have two six volt batteries probably T100 golf cart bats and are recharging daily. If this is correct then you have it made. Use the 12 volt cord I showed you, plug into a round 12 receptacle/socket and sleep well and prosper Wink
Sounds to me the DME is still messing with you or beyond incompetent. The machine will be as to your Doc's Rx and don't let them tell you otherwise.
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply
While you have been steered away from Apria, the hospital DME sounds like the devil's first cousin. I might be tempted to just go with Apria and know who you're dealing with. Getting an auto 560 should be no big deal.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,101 Yesterday, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  Which machine to get for initial self treatment - Auto CPAP vs. BIPAP ST MVoltaire 8 218 04-04-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Using CPAP machine to perform Sleep test ivan007 3 147 04-02-2024, 03:28 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 182 03-27-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 10 400 03-22-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 835 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 253 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.