Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help Understanding my Machine
Help Understanding my Machine
Hello.  I have a REMstar Pro C-Flex+ made by Philips Respironics.  I'm trying to figure out if I have the settings right for maximum air flow, as the past several weeks the airflow seems insufficient and wakes me up regularly.  The user manual says it has three available therapy modes:  CPAP which maintains a constant pressure throughout the night, Auto-Trial which automatically adjusts the pressure based upon my breathing (this would have elapsed since I've had the machine for many years) and CPAP-check mode.

I don't know which mode the machine is currently set to and need your guidance in figuring that out.

Any help MUCH appreciated.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help Understanding my Machine
Welcome to Apnea Board, danshaw80909

Order the Provider's manual here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

This will show you everything you want to know about your machine and how to change pressure.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It may be time to think about replacing it with a new machine.  Their are some good buy on very good machines.

Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi danshaw80909,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck as you continue CPAP therapy and I hope you figure out your machine problem.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
also download sleepyhead, your machine uses a sd card and it will show your treatment.
Going by the internet, your machine will adjust the pressure every 30 days to fine tune. Depending on your budget, you can get this one working right, or buy a later fully automatic one
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,831 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  [CPAP] New CPAP User - Help Understanding CPAP data and Pressure Spikes Sleepin 3 187 04-12-2024, 06:36 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Understanding OSCAR data BaldZoomer 3 238 04-01-2024, 02:22 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Pressure] Understanding Pressure Settings on ASV Suzee 85 4,005 03-19-2024, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Suzee
  Help understanding OSCAR Data - Feeling Tired all day (not sleepy) elsanti1976 9 606 01-21-2024, 04:23 PM
Last Post: elsanti1976
  [Treatment] Understanding rise in AHI PedroT 17 907 12-30-2023, 01:05 PM
Last Post: PedroT
  Help Understanding CA hollercollett 2 387 12-26-2023, 08:12 PM
Last Post: hollercollett

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.