Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help! (What to do about my new Airstart!)
Question 
Help! (What to do about my new Airstart!)
I have just changed from a Respironics System 1 APAP to a ResMed Airstart 10 APAP

I had no problems with Sleepyhead on my Respironics but it does not read any data other than therapy time from the ResMed

I tried ResScan and that says it is an incompatible device

I need the compliance data for work

Where do I go from here ?

Thanks in anticipation

Denis
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help!
The Airstart is a brick and doesn't collect detailed sleep data. Also, from what I gather Resmed has discontinued the Airstart.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The AirStart series is what we call a brick, it does not keep or store detailed data.
Rescan should be able to show compliance data.

Any chance you can exchange it for a different model.  This would be the AirSense 10 AutoSet.  

(best choice) indicates a full data capable machine that has Sleepyhead software capability and an Auto Mode.  These are in general the best available machines

Always specify the exact machine you wish, This removes all ambiguities and prevents substitutions.
DAW (Dispense as Written) prevents substitutions.
General Information on DreamStation Models from Philips Respironics
Current acceptable in Production Machines (ResMed and Philips Respironics, the 2 most popular manufactures)

• ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet (best choice) (E0601) (Fixed CPAP, Auto CPAP)

• ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her (best choice) (E0601) (Fixed CPAP, Auto CPAP)

• ResMed AirSense™ 10 Elite CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier (37205) (E0601) (Fixed CPAP)

• Philips Respironics DreamStation Auto CPAP Machine (DSX500x11) (Not all DreamStation Models, Check SN on bottom, bricks look the same) (Fixed CPAP, Auto CPAP) (best choice)

• Philips Respironics DreamStation CPAP Pro (DSX400x11) (Not all DreamStation Models, Check SN on bottom) (Fixed CPAP)

Current Machines to Avoid

• Any ResMed AirStart (Lack of full data capability)

• ResMed AirStart™ 10 CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier (all models, 37201) (Lack of full data capability)

• ResMed AirSense™ 10 CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ (37015, 37203) (Lack of full data capability)

• Philips Respironics DreamStation CPAP (DSX200x11) (Not all DreamStation Models, Check SN on bottom) (Lack of full data capability)
Note: These are current machines, there are older models that have full data capability that are available via secondary markets if budget is an issue. Please inquire on the forum and your questions will be answered.
Post Reply Post Reply
Did you get this from a local DME or supplier?

As stated above, the Airstart is what we call a "brick". You will not be able to retrieve any data from this machine.

See if you can return the Airstart, and upgrade to a ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet. This way you can use ResScan to print out compliance reports.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help! (What to do about my new Airstart!)
Denis, if you bought this on your own, you're stuck. If it was provided under insurance by a DME, they ripped you off with a discontinued cheap machine. Have your doctor change the prescription to Auto CPAP and get a replacement right away. If your doctor is connected to the supplier, he is also a crook. If you can't get it replaced, a new Airsense 10 Autoset is available on Amazon for $459. You can huck the brick through the window of your supplier (don't get caught).

Seriously, if this was insured, just return it, inform your insurance, and they won't be reimbursed.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sadly I bought it myself, I have written to the seller because they do say it records compliance data to SD card and I am waiting for a reply

I tried to post a link to the item I think you meant at Amazon but being a newbie it won't let me  Sad

Could you post the link please?

If I have to swallow the cost of the machine I will

Regards

Denis
Post Reply Post Reply
Just go to Amazon and search for AirSense 10 AutoSet or if you prefer, DreamStation Auto Cpap.
You will find them easily enough.

Links to commercial sites are not allowed.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks

I am going for the Airsense because the two nights I have used the Airstart my AHI has been under 1 and it was never that good with a Respironics machine

Denis
Post Reply Post Reply
It's a great choice for comfort and effectiveness. If nothing else, you will have a backup or travel machine.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi wolrab49,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck as you continue CPAP therapy and I hope you like the AirScense10 AutoSet.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [CPAP] resmed airstart 10 vs bmc g3 a20 Psychotech 3 807 06-27-2022, 11:33 AM
Last Post: Psychotech
  [Pressure] Deemed Airstart 10 AutoPAP clinician manual Ace33018 7 8,358 07-25-2018, 05:14 PM
Last Post: prodigyplace
  [Pressure] Airstart Set Up Dermovaya 1 1,595 05-25-2018, 09:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question AirStart 10 CPAP as a backup machine TimtheEnchanter 13 3,131 12-15-2017, 12:43 AM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  Questions to Resmed Airstart APAP discontinued production. sharp56 11 4,735 09-18-2017, 09:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question RESMED "AIRSTART" 10 srlevine1 34 16,009 03-30-2017, 09:19 PM
Last Post: gog1960

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.