Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

need prescription for air travel?
RE: need prescription for air travel?
I have traveled to China and Russia and extensively in the US with my CPAP Machine and have not had any problems.

I do carry a copy of the TSA rules (but have never had to 'educate' a TSA employee on them), but I always take the machine out of its carry on case and put it in a bin to be X-rayed. Sometimes they wipe it, sometimes they don't.

One other bit of advice I would give to travelers is to carry an extension cord with you. I have found that the outlets in the hotels are usually either full or in an inconvenient location. If you travel to Europe/Far East, make sure your CPAP machine is dual rated (110/230V 50/60Hz) and carry the right wall plug adapter(s).

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-03-2012, 10:35 PM)iSnooze Wrote: EDITED BY ADMIN: iSnooze, I hate to do this to you, but the commercial link's been removed per the rules.

Just to help folks out, if you do a Google search for "Med ID", it should be the second non-ad link that pops up. Once on the site, scroll down to near the bottom of the page and look in the far left column and you'll see where you can click to get a free ID to print up. Sorry, iSnooze, had to do it. Bigwink -SuperSleeper

Not a problem, SuperSleeper.Oops I should have known better. I knew it wasn't a link to a cpap supplier but I didn't think about it being a commercial link. I'll go sit in the time out chair for a while.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-04-2012, 07:15 AM)iSnooze Wrote: Not a problem, SuperSleeper.Oops I should have known better. I knew it wasn't a link to a cpap supplier but I didn't think about it being a commercial link. I'll go sit in the time out chair for a while.

No need for a time out... you're wonderful proofreading assistance has MORE than made up it. Smile

(iSnooze is the Apnea Board Proofreader for those who don't know).

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-03-2012, 09:56 PM)randyp1234 Wrote: I might suggest that the prescription and other paperwork not be in the bag with the machine. If TSA has the machine and carrying case and you need some sort of proof that it's yours or whatever they aren't likely to let you have access to the bag.

I respectfully disagree.

By the time TSA physically touches your machine, you are already through the person scanner and your machine has made it on the belt to the other side also.

So, you would have access to the bag.

And even if you did not have access to the bag, you could tell them the prescriptin is in the bag pocket.

And you will probably never have to produce the prescription.
TSA knows what CPAPs are and a lot of airports don't even ask you to remove your CPAP from the bag to begin with.
Using the ResMed Mirage SoftGel Nasal Mask with a chinstrap

I do not use either the Ramp nor the EPR Comfort features

Have been on CPAP since December 1998

This is my 3rd machine

I use the ResMed ResScan Software (Version 3.16)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Travel ResMed recommendations PinehillJoe 10 191 Yesterday, 07:35 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Is there a quiet travel CPAP? mcman56 1 88 04-15-2024, 12:21 PM
Last Post: sauerkraut
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 5 1,912 04-02-2024, 11:44 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Prescription for specific mask types? Slycer 2 169 03-17-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Slycer
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 750 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 6,281 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix
  Small travel bag for ResMed 11 + Laptop? NelsonM 9 2,693 02-08-2024, 10:28 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.