Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Exhale resistance suddenly different
Exhale resistance suddenly different
Hello all,

I've made great progress since joining this forum and appreciate all the help. My AHI has been steadily getting lower each night and I have felt better each morning.

However, the past two nights I have not slept well. I feel like I am suffocating. I have made no changes to my CPAP but it feels like it is very hard to exhale through my nostrils and it makes me very uncomfortable. Two nights in a row I have woken up multiple times with my mask off.

Philips SystemOne, APAP 9-14, a-flex 2, Amara View mask

Thoughts?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Exhale resistance suddenly different
difficult to theorize in the absence of data. Can you throw up some Sleepyhead charts.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-05-2017, 09:18 AM)justMongo Wrote: difficult to theorize in the absence of data.  Can you throw up some Sleepyhead charts.

I'll post later this evening when I get home!

It seems like it takes about 3-5 breaths before the CPAP starts giving me exhale relief but the past few nights it just never starts giving the relief, if that makes sense?
Post Reply Post Reply
Download #SleepyHead software, and use the tutorials in my signature line to upload here.

What Flex setting do you have your APAP set at? Since you are set in Auto Mode, try all 3 settings, 1,2 or 3.

You can receive up to 2cm pressure relief, but is flow based.
• C-Flex – Provides pressure relief upon exhalation.
• A-Flex/C-Flex+ – Provides pressure relief taking place at the end of inhalation and at the start of exhalation.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suddenly my Centrals got a lot more disruptive tcinoz 64 1,803 03-26-2024, 07:24 AM
Last Post: tcinoz
  Unable to exhale against nasal pillow pressure? jle323 10 4,865 03-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Guerc13
  [CPAP] Suddenly air feels too dry.. outasleep 2 290 01-15-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Resmed vibrates on exhale? webweaver 5 828 12-22-2023, 08:22 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Central Hypopneas suddenly! Kingsway 4 522 11-19-2023, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] AHI Suddenly Getting Worse bwor80 1 423 10-23-2023, 09:40 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  RESMED F30i Mask causing pulsing on exhale HULK 1 581 09-21-2023, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew77

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.